Tea Lite Holder

Cindys

Ok My friend and I started playing around today. We took a pyrex dish, inserted a tealite cup, poured parrafin wax and this is what we got. i blew some of the shells out. It has been burning for 8 hours and it is perfect. tell me what you think, and do you think people would like these?? yes you can take out the tealite cup to be replaced with a new one. Thanks

post-6540-139458423432_thumb.jpg

post-6540-139458423434_thumb.jpg

post-6540-139458423435_thumb.jpg

Hi No its not melting the wax around it. Like I said the tealite has been burning forever in it and it is fine. Yes the tealite slips right out. I sprayed it really good, when I made it. Ive changed the tealite with no problems :yay:

I was thinking wedding to. I have a huge pillar I made the same way. Only shells on the very top. Same colors. You could put the pillar in the center of the table and the small ones at table settings. Also thinking of making them for outside with citrnella tealites. What do you all yhink. I have a huge show in 2 weeks so please give me all your ideas. Thanks Gotta go melt my wax :yay:

I think this is a great idea and its really cute. I think its great when you can take a simple pyrex bowl and come up with a unique product like this (well I sure have not seen anything like it). Did you use chunks to keep some of the shells against the wall of the bowl, or did you really pack them in there?

Oh My God, I am so happy that Donita likes this. now I feel secure with this. I think Donita is the GOD of candles. I used 5055 and 1 ounce micro per pound added to it.I really packed the shells in it.I now am going to try to decoupage on them, double dip them after they have dryed. This will be tricky, I will post if I succed. Thanks everyone.

Cindy....if you turn GOD around it is DOG......sometimes that is more accurate... in school I was known as "dogface" because I looked like a Peakiness dog.....but thanks for the compliment.....you are too kind. You are doing a fantastic job in learning so many new kinds of candles. Hats off to you!!!!! Donita Louise