Fresh Soaps!

Brenda

I said to my husband after setting these bars out to dry. "You know, there's something satisfying about a handling a fresh cake of soap. I don't know what it is, but there is something fine about it." He looked at me as if I were a little strange. *super banana* You all know what I mean, don't you? It's part of the reason I soap! I've been trying to build up my stock so I don't have to soap so much during the end of the school year.

Mango Lassi untrimmed with ashed tops:

Mango_Lassi_untrimmed.jpg

Lovely (Sarah Jessica Parker type) swirled with soft aqua mica and coral red mica. This one moved on me even at RT:

Lovely.jpg

Thanks for looking! :)

Brenda, I swear you can't make a bad batch! What mold are you using on these?

Oh yes, I can make a bad batch! :D There's 32 bars of mauve Candy Cane from 2006 that's been lurking in a box on my storage shelf as a reminder of my skill at creating bad batches! Can't bear to use it, can't bear to toss it out. :wink2:

I'm using 32 bar Misty Creek molds on all these soaps. I prefer the large size because you get a lot of "inside" bars with no edges.

Thanks for your comments everybody! :)

Oh yes, I can make a bad batch! :D There's 32 bars of mauve Candy Cane from 2006 that's been lurking in a box on my storage shelf as a reminder of my skill at creating bad batches! Can't bear to use it, can't bear to toss it out. :wink2:

I'm using 32 bar Misty Creek molds on all these soaps. I prefer the large size because you get a lot of "inside" bars with no edges.

Thanks for your comments everybody! :)

How come you don't rebatch it?

What do you cut your soap with???

With the handy dandy cutter bar that is part of the Misty Creek mold set. I can competently cut the 16 bar soaps, but my husband is the pro at cutting the 32 soaps. The touch of arthritis I'm getting in my hands makes the entire process difficult and I wind up with crooked bars.

Then I trim them as needed on my old pampered chef mandolin, and finally use the "Soap Doctor" beveler and trimmer to bevel the edges. I like this particular beveler because it's got a raised edge on the left hand side that I can grip to prevent it from sliding on the counter.

Pepperi - The reason I haven't rebatched it is because I detest rebatching. My skills in this area are lacking because I haven't done it enough to develop ease in the technique. I know I should practice this...:sad2:

Thanks again everyone! :)

everyone tells me the same thing LOL I love rebatching and sell my soaps that way! It is so much fun I get my cp soap from a fellow soaper and I continue with the addiction!! But I love your soaps so very beautiful!

I always use full water whether I swirl or not. Like many others, I add the fragrance to the oils before the lye solution. Soaping at RT is really helpful when you want time to swirl.

I find that the length of cure ranges from four to six weeks depending on the formulation of the bars. HTH :)

oooo, kay...I'm getting the bug! I just hate not to be able to use my soap so quickly. But really, what's 4-6 weeks right?

Four to six weeks is not that long when you are curing for sale. :cheesy2:

But...for personal use I have a habit of dipping into the curing rack and using soap after three days. My skin is still intact. I use all my bars before they go out the door. My husband says there's too many bars of soap in our shower. :embarasse I can't help it!

I love looking at your soaps Brenda :drool: . I went on your site and drooled some more... I have a question. What is a "Soap Doctor" ? Could you post a picture of that gadget :o ? ; sorry i have another ? what is "full water" in terms of lye strength solution, is it somewhere around 25% ? TIA

Full water for me is 28.7% lye solution.

I've googled in vain for The Soap Doctor trimmer. I went back and found a hand written receipt from 2005 for payment for this trimmer, but there was no company info on it. Here's a picture of the device:

Soap_Doctor.jpg

View of adjustable blade:

Soap_Doctor_blad.jpg

HTH! Perhaps someone else will see it, recognize it, and be able to provide you with more information. I hope so!