Vodka

hawaiiansun

you can either use vodka or witch hazel, it is used to help it dry faster, to not end up with wet linens.

Also, I've read that it is ok to use vodka and not get in trouble cauue you wouldn't be consuming it.

I've read that you need to have a liquor license in order to sell vodka, no matter what it's application. I'll have to read up on this further to be sure..

Denatured alcohol would be acceptable from what I've read.

I've read that you need to have a liquor license in order to sell vodka, no matter what it's application. I'll have to read up on this further to be sure..

Denatured alcohol would be acceptable from what I've read.

Yes on the denatured. Regular alcohol isn't approved by the FDA for cosmetic use.

I use Vodka for my spray. You can buy stuff cheaper than Absolut. I don't measure I just throw it in there with some fo, I have found that if you let it sit for several days to a week before using it, it seems to have a stronger scent throw. Also, I have read on other posts, but haven't tried yet, that you can add a little bit of a carrier oil, such as almond oil to it and it helps the scent have more staying power on your skin. Be careful if you use it for linen spray it might stain. LOL

I pretty much use only Everclear (190 proof Pure Grain Alcohol) when making perfume sprays. I love how it mixes perfectly with every fragrance oil I have without separating and also how well it preserves the scent. Every spray I've made with it ages beautifully with the scent getting stronger instead of weaker.

As far as selling it goes, each state is different. I know that here in Arizona, where you can actually buy Everclear legally, you can locally sell sprays made with it without a liquor license as long as you pay the excise tax on it and as long as you mix it with something unpalatable that would make your spray unfit to drink and as long as you clearly mark on your spray label "Unfit for consumption". I got that info off of another site (either The Soapdish, or Latherings) from a member who actually called up the ATF and the local liquor board here in Arizona to enquire about it. From what she wrote about their response, it seems that at least in Arizona, it's not so much of a re-selling problem as it is an excise tax problem. As long as you buy the Everclear from a reputable seller that has payed the excise tax on the liquor, ie, a grocer or liquor store, the tax is already automatically included and covered in the retail price that you pay at the store, so no problem there. They also told her that if you mix the Everclear with something to make it undrinkable and clearly label it as being undrinkable, you're perfectly okay to sell without a liquor license. She told them what she would be mixing with the Everclear (fragrance oils) and they told her no problem, you're good to go.

But that's Ariziona. Your state's laws might very well be different and so you'd want to check that out beforehand. HTH

MarieJeanette