My first M&P! Stop laughing! *lol*

Ok, I did it! I had a blast. I know most of you are laughing, but this is HUGE for me! I'm serious when I have said in the past that I am creatively challenged. Take the duck mold for example, notice his neck is about to come off? *lol* I bought this mold at Walmart for .50. I have no clue what it's suppose to be used for, but I'm thinking not this since I nearly ruined it trying to take it out.

Some of these are scented in Hazelnut. I took a shower with one about 3 hours after it was made. It smells great! I am loving this! I brought my grandkids over the unscented ones. They are 6 and 3 and wanted to get back in the tub. *lol* They want a Spiderman and a Princess soap now.Off to find a mold of each. *L*

Be careful, this is as addictive as candle making.

I like your molds better with the soap than with the salt rock thing LOL!!!!

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Good luck with the soap, you should try finding small toys to put into a bar of soap for the kids, much easier.

Here's a thread I started that helped me alot: http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46364&highlight=toys

This is a picture of my soaps after I jumped in with both feet...

http://www.shutterfly.com/jsp/proces...8792&ps=1&rs=6

Have fun!!!

Erin

Those look very nice. The duck mold looks like it was a candy mold, that's why it is so thin. But you can use them too. Make sure they are a little thicker. But isn't it fun to use what you make! I have the sun mold too and love it. It makes a nice size bar and it is so pretty with colors. Enjoy your new addiction and have fun with it.

erinmfritz,

It wouldn't show me your pics.:cry2: And yeah...these look much better than the scented rocks!:embarasse I'm off to read your thread now!

LovelyLathers, this is a blast! I have stuff coming in at least twice a week now! I see something and I want it,:drool: it's horrible! When does the madness stop? When do I stop ordering things I see?:undecided

Thank you Brenda. I know it's silly to post these kinds of pics after seeing what the pros do on here, but you guys "get it". No one else I know personally "gets it". I even had one guy at work ask me, "What is it with you wanting to make your own soap? EVERYBODY uses store bought."

:rolleyes2

Not silly at all! It's fantastic to create something practical yet luxurious with your own hands. You do know, of course, that once you begin soaping there is NO CURE! :yay:

It's endlessly creative and fascinating. Don't pay any attention to the naysayers at work!

were the duck and baby block together? They look exactly like a mold I used to use, and still have 10 or 12 of them. It was a 2 pc. plastic mold that snapped together and had a small hole in the top for pouring into. After the soap set up you yanked the plastic pieces apart and out would pop a "3D" soap :)

Yes! So I was suppose to put them back together?:laugh2: That's exactly what these are.:embarasse

edited to add...the M&P base came from Cierra Candles in Reno. It was the Shea Butter one. It feels really creamy too and has lots of lather. This was fun!!

Yes! So I was suppose to put them back together?:laugh2: That's exactly what these are.:embarasse

edited to add...the M&P base came from Cierra Candles in Reno. It was the Shea Butter one. It feels really creamy too and has lots of lather. This was fun!!

hee hee ~ yes, snap them back together and pour through the little hole in the top! You'll have a much cooler soap in about an hour :)

After being pulled apart many, many times mine wouldn't close tight enough to hold the soap in without leaking so I started snapping a rubber band around them before I poured and that worked great. They really will "seal" on their own for awhile though .... go for it!

oh, and the part somebody mentioned about the spending going on forever .. SO TRUE! I've been at this heavy for 5 years now and to this day I'm still thinking up new designs, having custom molds made, buying cake pans, cookie sheets, candy molds, etc. ~ making "new" soaps all the time! All I do is M/P ~ everything, I'm still too chicken of lye!!

So I pour the soap into that teeny tiny itsy bitsy little hole?? And I about bent the little suckers all up trying to get the soaps out. I didn't really know what they were when I bought them. I had also gotten this rectangular looking one too, at the same time. I haven't used that one yet. They were in a clearance bin and I wondered if they could be used for something I was getting into. They didn't work with scented rocks. *lol*

Lye scares me too, my kitchen is sooo tiny and not ventilated at all. Seems I'm going to have to build a house here, with 2 kitchens!:drool::laugh2:

So I pour the soap into that teeny tiny itsy bitsy little hole??

yep ~ I always spilled over the top, even with my smallest pyrex. No matter what I did I always got terrible air bubbles that would leave a "crater" in the finished piece of the duck, but the overall piece is cute and the block is adorable.

The plastic molds are good to practice with until you're sure you're going to stick with ~ then you'll definitely want to switch to silicone molds!! Much more expensive but SO worth the money.

Those are nice soaps. No laughing here. You'll have so much fun with M&P soaps! I found that if I sprayed my molds (whatever they might be...) with just a little Pam, the soap would come right out when cooled.

Now you have to play with the colors too! Best part? No wicks to test!! :yay::laugh2:

:highfive: GREAT JOB!!!!! :highfive:

Like someone said earlier you have to start somewhere! I posted a TON of M&P when I started, I was so proud (so I know what you mean- I get it

:wink2:). I just told someone the other day that make her first CP, to take a piece and run around the house saying, "I made soap, I made soap!!" -LOL. Its THRILLING everytime you make something new!! I was working on a new product two nights ago and my smart DH sees me and say before I could say anything, says- "OH can I smell, can I smell?" :rolleyes2 - so of course I obliged, even though he was being smart:D .

BTW cute shapes! If you can't find the molds your looking for, try looking in the Dollar Tree and other places for embeds. I buy cute like toys and embed them. I know that the General Dollar Store carried at one point a red sand bucket w/ plastic spiderman toys in it, they were for the tub (they could be filled w/ water and squirt, like the duck embeds). HTH!!

Thank you maryann!! It's so nice to know people that 'get it". I love the spiderman bucket idea! My grandson would go crazy! They are friends you know.:wink2: He keeps asking me to take him to Spidermans house because, "Me, Spiderman & Superman wanna play at Spidermans house this time." On my days off this week, I'll have to go check out the dollar stores and see what they have.

My grandkids spent the night the other night, it was really cool when they saw all this 'stuff" around the house I've been making. My grand daughter 6, helped me make a dipped bear. Her "helping" consisted of her saying, "Yep Grandma, he looks soaking wet to me, how long will he take to dry?" She watched while I did it all, but she chose the FO. Then she saw the scented salt rocks, and the wooden flowers....she said, "Wow Grandma! You make everything! Even soap!" If she only knew YOU guys!

So on my 4 days off coming up, I have to figure out where in the heck Spidermans house is, and have the 6 year old give me her best advice on more projects.

This is a blast!!:yay: