6 oz Travel Tin suggestions needed

I'm having a hard time wicking my 6 oz travel tins and i'm hoping someone can help me out or tell me what works for them. I've tried ECO 8 and this is too small, so I upped it to a ECO 10 but this was too big. I have HTPs, CDs and ECOs and need a suggestion or a starting point. Or just tell me what works for you so I can test it out and see if it works for me.

I use EZ Soy and add a small amount of beeswax. Please help! I'd like to get my travel tins ready and tested before summer!

TIA!

Kelly

I'm having a hard time wicking my 6 oz travel tins and i'm hoping someone can help me out or tell me what works for them. I've tried ECO 8 and this is too small, so I upped it to a ECO 10 but this was too big. I have HTPs, CDs and ECOs and need a suggestion or a starting point. Or just tell me what works for you so I can test it out and see if it works for me.

I use EZ Soy and add a small amount of beeswax. Please help! I'd like to get my travel tins ready and tested before summer!

TIA!

Kelly

Hi Kelly,

While I don't make that many tins, the ones that I do make I use HTP 63's. I use CBA wax w/some beeswax and I also use Accu-soy 10. Hope this will help you :)

HTP is smaller than an Eco 8 so that wouldn't work for me. I'm surprised you can get one to work in a 6 oz tin.

Maybe tins aren't as popular as I thought because I've asked for advice on every message board I'm a member of, with not success.

Thanks anyway. I appreciate the response! :)

I don't think it's that tins aren't popular, most people are using the 8oz tins, IMO. I'm testing 8oz now with htp's.

Hi Carrie,

Do you find that more older people than younger people buy your tins? I ask b/c some older folks that I have sold to have a fear of the glass breaking and feel "safer" using the tins. If I offer them (I'm talking about older folks here) the mason's they aren't quite as worried about breakage as they are used to using them for canning but, as I said I haven't sold all that many tins.

Thanks.

I'm only testing them, I'm not selling them yet. I will however, caution people to burn these on a non flamable surface as they will scorch wood when they are getting down to the bottom. My mom has a nice round scorch mark on her fireplace mantle that she likes to remind me about.

I make 6 oz tins using EZsoy and have great luck with CD-18 and CD-20 (use of either depends on the FO as some oils are heavier than others). I tried all other wicks and had no luck.

HTH

CD 18 huh? That sounds really large for a 6oz tin. Do you know what diameter yours are off-hand? I use CD-12 and 14s in my jelly jars and my 6oz tin diameter is just slightly bigger than the jelly jar.

CD 18 huh? That sounds really large for a 6oz tin. Do you know what diameter yours are off-hand? I use CD-12 and 14s in my jelly jars and my 6oz tin diameter is just slightly bigger than the jelly jar.

I use 415 which is similar to EZ soy. CD-18 works perfectly and so far it has worked for every FO.

My 6oz tins measure 2-3/4", my JJ's measure 2-1/2". And I use CD-12's and 14's in my JJ's, also.

Honest...I did MY homework, spent MY money (going through many wicks that did NOT work) to learn that the CD-18's and 20's worked best for my tins. You asked...I shared.

;)

My 6oz tins measure 2-3/4", my JJ's measure 2-1/2". And I use CD-12's and 14's in my JJ's, also.

Honest...I did MY homework, spent MY money (going through many wicks that did NOT work) to learn that the CD-18's and 20's worked best for my tins. You asked...I shared.

;)

Yes sorry, and I appreciate it. I'm just surprised. In fact I'm ultra glad you responded because I myself would have went through a lot of wicks (and a lot of money and time). Thanks for letting me know what works for you! I do appreciate it!!

• 3 weeks later...

I just wanted to thank everyone for replying to this post but especially Tizimarezie. I ordered the CD-18's and it looks like they are going to work perfectly in my tins.

I guess I should have ordered CD-20's at the same time for the heavier FO's. Maybe I'll be lucky like Stacie and the 18's will work in every one of my applications! :)

Thanks again!! vbmenu_register("postmenu_449172", true);