Who has the best price on pour pots

I just wanted to add, in the Uk they seem to be about £9 and wasn't high on my priority list (keeping the fo's and wax coming is enough at the mo), but this weekend I went to a carboot (big field with people selling things on tables) and got 2 really big aluminium jugs for 25p each :yay:

Couldn't believe my luck :)

I've got both, and they both work fine. No quality problems with either.

Thanks...I think I'll head to Michael's and try one out! We have been using the small pyrex measuring cups...too many trips back and forth to the pot! lol

We usually warm our pyrex measuring cups in our turkey roaster (we work in the basement with no oven). I won't be able to warm the pour pot up, since it won't fit in the roaster. Is that going to be a problem? Would giving it a "hit" from the heat gun be enough? As far as cleanup goes, I was thinking the heat gun would work to heat it up, then I would wipe it out.

We need to buy one or two....is it worth ordering them, or should I just use the Michael's coupon and pick them up there? Are the pour pots at Candlewic better quality than Michaels?

I have one from Michael's and the quality seems just fine. It was about the same price as most of the ones I have seen at supplier websites and you don't have to pay the shipping!

I won't be able to warm the pour pot up, since it won't fit in the roaster. Is that going to be a problem? Would giving it a "hit" from the heat gun be enough? As far as cleanup goes, I was thinking the heat gun would work to heat it up, then I would wipe it out.

I use the aluminum pour pots and have never had to heat mine. Maybe this is a trick I don't know about. What is the benefit of heating your pot before pouring your wax? Always looking for new tricks to make things better or easier.

BTW, I went with candlewic, I am adding several new summer scents and needed about 10 or so. At 7.75 each, they were less than anywhere else I could find, plus candlewic is offering in their weekly sale right now a free pound of scent when you order $75.00 in other mdse. So I ordered their ultimate tangerine. I just love the smell of tangerines, :drool: hope their f/o smells true. Thanks guys for all of your posts.

I probably warm them because wherever I learned how to pour candles told me to! lol

If I pour into a cold pyrex, then I end up with hard wax near the pouring spout, which makes pouring a little more difficult. Also, when I go to clean up, it is much easier to pop them in the warmer, then wipe out the wax. I use the same pourer for votives and jars.

We warm our jars, warm our pour pots, warm our votive molds......just the way we were taught. I am certainly open for suggestions, tho!!

Jane42, just thought I'd ask. I'm certainly no expert, I thought I might be missing out on something to make things easier. I guess I'm sorta self-taught. You read all theses different methods on the internet, but a lot of times people don't explain their reasoning behind it. And you can't always ask like you can on here.

As far as pot clean up I hate that. I usually sit my aluminum pot on one of those racks you cook cookies on and sit it over a pot of boiling water to melt all of the wax off the sides and then wipe with a paper towel before washing up. But I like your heat gun idea, it sounds much easier. I'll have to try that.

• 1 month later...

re warming pots - when it's really chilly in the pouring room, I warm the pot by putting two or three cups of wax in the pot and then pouring it back into the melting pot - if the pot is too cold, the wax can drop below the "pouring temperature."