Necklaces/Bracelets w/Prayer Boxes

Cissy

Does anyone make these? Fire Mountain Gems has a hugh selection of these

Maybe I'm not very observant or behind the times, but I haven't noticed anyone wearing these. I just found these on their site and wondered how popular they are. I think they are ingenious and wonder how they will sell and if they sell better with a chain or if they sell as well alone to add to a charm bracelet or necklace. You can write a prayer and slip it in the box to wear.

FYI...You can buy those also at Micheals and Hobby Lobby. I don't think those are popular anymore, I know about 4-5 years ago they were. I could be wrong but I don't see anyone wearing them anymore either. I have one and don't wear it. They are cool though. Maybe someone has a better answer for you.

I just picked one of these up at Wal-mart to add to my daughters Christmas Advent Calendar. I was also hoping to find some info that I could print up for her on 'how to use it'. They are pretty tiny to write a prayer on though!:wink2: I just figured it was supposed to be an immaginary thing? LIke a worry doll. I thought it would be cute to suggest she make a necklace for her favorite stuffed animal to wear and she could keep his prayers in there for him... or whatever...??

So yeah, it would be great if any one had any input on how they would use them or tell someone to use them.

Great question!:cool2:

It's so difficult to come up with an idea that Wal-mart doesn't already have.

They are killing other retailers, aren't they. They're great, if you are the customer, but it's impossible to compete with their prices on anything, unless you're one of the big dogs. I was trying to think of something that doesn't require a lot of labor to add to my inventory since I just don't have time for more labor intensive products. Thanks for the imput. Glad I asked before I ordered these.

If it makes you feel any better, they only had ONE to choose from, lol. (well, my Wally World is more like a Wally Island though) And they were on the cheap side. Like... I'm not sure how long until it stops closing nicely and completely hangs open all the time, lol. It was 1.98. Which is cheap... but the mark up has to be incredible. I had never really seen them before and was immediately grabbed by it. If you put it on a nice bracelet I am SURE it would be a hit. At least for a little while and to have something different.:wink2:

actually they can be kinda popular depending on the crowd your working with. alot of 'goth' kids would be into something like that (i use the term goth loosely very very loosely) and i used to know a couple of druggies who would use them to hide certain drugs. its really sick when you think about it. i love them i think their very neat.

I made a prayer box necklace about a month ago for a Christian friend of mine. Instead of writing on a piece of paper and trying to fit that into the box, i did something else. I sent along a small packet of beads in assorted colors (each color means something different) and then every morning, she is supposed to put whatever color of bead in the box that correlates with her mood or whatever.

Also, I got this particular prayer box at Walmart because I needed it fast!

I made a prayer box necklace about a month ago for a Christian friend of mine. Instead of writing on a piece of paper and trying to fit that into the box, i did something else. I sent along a small packet of beads in assorted colors (each color means something different) and then every morning, she is supposed to put whatever color of bead in the box that correlates with her mood or whatever.

Also, I got this particular prayer box at Walmart because I needed it fast!

that is a really really good idea. i have a charm that works kinda like that its more like a clamshell though you can see the bead through it. you should market something like that