Candlewic's crystalizing container wax?

Has anyone tried this wax? The site doesn't really explain it much, do you know what it's made of (other than palm wax?).

I'm looking for a container wax that gives that crystal/feathered appearance to try out. Does anyone have any good recommendations?

Thank!

Candlewics palm 1 ( container) is the only one I have tried. I like it but it is not the easiest wax to work with. Like the palm 2 & 3 you pour hot and slow cool. The biggest pain is not getting what I call air caverns. You can pour this and when it sets up it looks beautiful but when you start burning it you WILL hit the biggest air pockets you can imagine. It is imperative that while it's cooling you poke at least 4 good sized relief holes around the wick and keep them open until the candle is cooled. When you do the repour, fill up the holes but don't pour a huge amount of wax to fill up the jar or you will get more pockets. I've also had good luck with layering it. The scent throw will probably not be as strong as other waxes but I think it's decent, plus a longer cure helps. It has a clean burn to.

Also you will need to wick up. I use RRD's or LX's.

I have no idea what the ingredients other than palm wax are.

Candlewics palm 1 ( container) is the only one I have tried. I like it but it is not the easiest wax to work with. Like the palm 2 & 3 you pour hot and slow cool. The biggest pain is not getting what I call air caverns. You can pour this and when it sets up it looks beautiful but when you start burning it you WILL hit the biggest air pockets you can imagine. It is imperative that while it's cooling you poke at least 4 good sized relief holes around the wick and keep them open until the candle is cooled. When you do the repour, fill up the holes but don't pour a huge amount of wax to fill up the jar or you will get more pockets. I've also had good luck with layering it. The scent throw will probably not be as strong as other waxes but I think it's decent, plus a longer cure helps. It has a clean burn to.

Also you will need to wick up. I use RRD's or LX's.

I have no idea what the ingredients other than palm wax are.

I agree with this totally. This was the problem I had with this palm wax. It was beautiful though. I used the RRD series with it and it burned beautiful with no noticable soot. Of course that would depend on your wicking anyway.

Palm wax is very hard to wick!! I participated in a tart swap awhile ago & a fellow CTer wanted some pillars in that scent but it wasn't on my site cause I hadn't tested it yet in that size. It took me over 2 weeks to get it right!! the only time I've ever had problems with soot is overwicking & marathon burns. Palm can only handle 1oz /LB but I think they still smell great. the cold throw is really good.

Can anyone who has experience tell me if it adheres (sp?) to the glass well? I use straight sided containers, and I'm worried it might "slip" out when set.

I've used this wax and it adheres very very well.