ISO supplier for Atkins & Pearce cotton & paper core sample packs

I have searched the internet and Candletech for hours but cannot find one supplier that will sell small quantities of small cotton and paper core wicks, much less sample packs. Wicks Unlimited offers them and Wickit sells these wicks-even Atkins & Pearce sells them. I know they all offer sample packs but I am not ready to start buying in the thousands of wicks after testing. I am still small time so I am looking for a supplier that offers packs of a hundred. My problem is that I am looking for all of the smallest sizes of these wicks and most suppliers only offer the larger sizes. Looking for:

Cotton=S330T,10-38C,28-24C,32-24C,34-40C,34-40SPC. Paper=10-38P,28-24P,34-40P,34-40P,34-24P,36-24-24P. Thanks for any and all leads.

Thanks for the tip and timely reply. I checked out their site and also explored the custom wick builder. If I can find the right wicks for my application, 500 is a reasonable purchase. I don't mind tabbing my own wicks, either. I have read on this site that the time-savings is worth buying the pre-tabbed wicks. The down side is they often arrive bent from being bagged up. Any thoughts on this? Do you know if Candlewic will ship wicks via USPS? Again, many thanks for your help.

I checked out their site and also explored the custom wick builder. If I can find the right wicks for my application, 500 is a reasonable purchase. I don't mind tabbing my own wicks, either. I have read on this site that the time-savings is worth buying the pre-tabbed wicks. The down side is they often arrive bent from being bagged up. Any thoughts on this?

I don't love the way the assemblies tend to arrive from the suppliers, especially the sharp crease where the wick meets the neck of the tab. It's no big deal to tab your own and I don't find it's necessary for them to be primed in my applications. The wick builder is a good option too if that works for you, and you can have your choice of wax coating.

Atkins and Pearce sells 10 pcs. of 10 different wick sizes for $35.00 and they have the sizes you want.

They are also extremely helpful if you call them and tell them what it is you're trying to wick.

Years ago I was trying to wick a 2" palm pillar and ordered a sample pack, not only did they send the ordered samples but also a box full of different wicks that they thought might work.

Their site also has the best wick information out there.

Edit to add that after you find the wick size you need then Atkins & Pearce should be able to tell you who carries them in smaller quantities than a thousand.

I don't love the way the assemblies tend to arrive from the suppliers, especially the sharp crease where the wick meets the neck of the tab. It's no big deal to tab your own and I don't find it's necessary for them to be primed in my applications. The wick builder is a good option too if that works for you, and you can have your choice of wax coating.

I totally agree about the sharp crease at the neck tab. I don't mind tabbing my own and even priming them if need be. I'm not sure if my wicks really need to be primed or not-I am doing small containers with IGI 4630 Harmony Blend. The first ones I made did not have primed wicks and the wicks tended to fall over but these were flat braid wicks. Searching this board, I got the impression that it would be better to be using cored wicks primed with a high-melt wax. I would love to know your thoughts on this-thanks for sharing your knowledge with me.

Thanks again to everyone who replied to me on this. Does anyone have any favorite wick for this wax? I have tried HTP but the flame gets too hot at the bottom of the container. RRD does not come small enough. I am using Peak's cottons and these are pretty good, and also LX wicks. My problem is there seems to be a big jump between the C-40 and the C-50, so I thought I would try the A&P cottons. On some of the "heavy" FO's, I get a tiny flame with the C-40 and a huge flame with the C-50, so I am looking for something in-between.

In the old days you would only use cored wicks for containers but that has changed. Plain flat braid is very floppy, but the more modern flat braid lines like LX, CD, HTP and ECO have stabilizing threads that help them work in containers. Of course cored wicks are also good to use if you prefer them. Every wick has its adherents.

If you made soy candles that are poured cool I think it might be nice to get some extra rigidity from the wax coating. However at the pouring temperatures that many one pour waxes (including 4630) work best at, I'm not sure if enough of the coating survives to make a difference. One of my suppliers tested and says it really doesn't.

Best to come to your own conclusions about this stuff. For one thing it might make a difference what type and size of wick you choose. You may also notice that you get different wick waxes from different sources. For instance the Premier 700 wicks have a very rigid wax coating, while other wicks with high-melt coatings might still be very bendy. MP and hardness are two different things.