Wholesale pricing

Yes, wholesale is half of your retail price. Also, you don't want different retailers charging different prices - they are then working against each other and it isn't fair to anyone. If they are private labels it doesn't matter but if they are using your brand it matters - a lot! They can have sales or special pricing but the retail price needs to remain the same.

These are my Aunt and Uncles stores - but they wouldn't hesitate to rip me off. What I don't want to do is say "I'll wholesale for "X" - and have them sell it for three times as much. What I want to say is, "The suggested retail is $12.00, I will wholesale for $6" and put the suggested retail on the label so that snags them there.

Right now I don't offer this to anyone buy my local customers which are far away from this store (2 hours) and they would NEVER shop there - $1000 dresses! OUCH! I do worry about people coming to my website and seeing the body butter for cheaper ($8) there though. But then again on the web they have to pay shipping. Maybe I will talk an exclusive label with them, they asked initially if I would do it for them. I said only if I reformulated my product a bit so it was different from what I normally sell..."made exclusively for _________ by Capellas Garden soap Co. Without my website, etc. I am still getting my name out and really wanted the advertising, but the pricing is what's getting me...

Bethany

I give a suggested retail price to my wholesale accounts, but they decide what to actually charge for it. I have stores that sell my 3pc pillar sets for anywhere from $30 to $45 depending on their store/clientele. If they can get more money for it, what do I care? I care that they order my minimums

I don't have any accounts that are close to each other to compete against each other. I also don't have my website on my main label. It is on my warning label but as "Handpoured Especially for XYZ Company by MyWebsite.com" so the consumer would have to really be looking for it.

I personally prefer to sell wholesale and want the end user to return to the stores where they bought the items to buy more. JMO

Figure your wholesale price, give them a suggested retail price and let them price them what ever they want. If they get 3x.. good for them. There is alot to retail and the overhead in that place may demand that kind of markup. Make sure your phone number and web site are on the labels and when people check out your site or call and find they can get it cheaper.. you will benefit. Use them to expose your product to this clientel.