A new rustic attempt

cybersix

I think they look pretty good. I'm not an advocate of using crayon to color, but keep testing it. Sometimes it will clog a wick and burn weird. Sometimes it won't. It's far more inconsistent than the usual candle dyes. Keep looking around for some places to find some stuff. There is a yahoo email group called candlemakingsurvival and some people on there from Europe. They might be able to help you find supplies.

thank you scented!! This evening before I get home i went in a store, they sell very little supplies, but I found candle dyes.. They say it colors wax in 1%, 1 gram of color for 100 grams wax. I'll try them in next candles and I hope they do good.

Kiss from Milan ;)

Hi, I'm really new here but had to say that your candles are gorgeous! I'm amazed at what you are doing

with such limited supplies - you are truly an artisan!

I checked with my hubby's Aunt and she thought commossa was maybe touched in the heart or touched

with kindness, something like that :)

My husband's family is pure italian and still owns property somewhere in the Abruzzi/Molise region? You will

enjoy this - my son (the face in the sun) is named for his great-grandfather who is buried in Italy -

Benigno Antonio :shocked2: We call him Benny. Zia is a dr. of languages at a local college and handy to have in the

family ;) Of course her specialty is Italian and she knows the dialect of her region as well so if I can ever

be of assistance in translation, please pm me and I will get a translation from her for you as quick as I can!

My Italian is limited to a couple of phrases my hubby taught me. My favorite is the one he said was the

ultimate insult (excuse my spelling) - something like ma puta scheta el gorpe - which he told me roughly

translated means I hope your stomach explodes! :laugh2: He was taught that that was the equivalent of

flipping someone the bird.

Ciao ciao!

Teresa

I found the book Candle Making In a Weekend by Sue Spear. Here is the template for a cardboard mold. I will try to scan the pictures and send them too. Donita

Well, now I know why I have to scroll to read this thread. lol :wink2:

Cybersix, sorry to hear you were having a bad day. I'm glad you were able to find some comfort visiting the board. There are quite a few wonderful people here who like to help.

Don't worry about your English. You express yourself very well. I like 'reading' the Italian accent. I feel you speaking more this way than if you had flawless English.

Let us know how your test burns go with your crayon colored candles. Because they have inconsistent burns, I highly recommend that you NOT sell them. Well, not until you've tested quite a few. It's better to be safe than sorry.

Look forward to seeing more of your creations!

Hi, I'm really new here but had to say that your candles are gorgeous! I'm amazed at what you are doing

with such limited supplies - you are truly an artisan!

I checked with my hubby's Aunt and she thought commossa was maybe touched in the heart or touched

with kindness, something like that :)

My husband's family is pure italian and still owns property somewhere in the Abruzzi/Molise region? You will

enjoy this - my son (the face in the sun) is named for his great-grandfather who is buried in Italy -

Benigno Antonio :shocked2: We call him Benny. Zia is a dr. of languages at a local college and handy to have in the

family ;) Of course her specialty is Italian and she knows the dialect of her region as well so if I can ever

be of assistance in translation, please pm me and I will get a translation from her for you as quick as I can!

My Italian is limited to a couple of phrases my hubby taught me. My favorite is the one he said was the

ultimate insult (excuse my spelling) - something like ma puta scheta el gorpe - which he told me roughly

translated means I hope your stomach explodes! :laugh2: He was taught that that was the equivalent of

flipping someone the bird.

Ciao ciao!

Teresa

Hi Teresa, I don't know what that phrase means, it's a local dialect I suppose that's not plain Italian!

Thanks for your transalation, so I'm really touched in the heart!!!

Have a good day (I'm at work).

Kiss

Well, now I know why I have to scroll to read this thread. lol :wink2:

Cybersix, sorry to hear you were having a bad day. I'm glad you were able to find some comfort visiting the board. There are quite a few wonderful people here who like to help.

Don't worry about your English. You express yourself very well. I like 'reading' the Italian accent. I feel you speaking more this way than if you had flawless English.

Let us know how your test burns go with your crayon colored candles. Because they have inconsistent burns, I highly recommend that you NOT sell them. Well, not until you've tested quite a few. It's better to be safe than sorry.

Look forward to seeing more of your creations!

Hi, the bad day is gone.. I have a lot of small problems that make me nervous, so to relax I make some candles!!

I'm glad that you all can understand things I write, the strange thing is that I cannot speak in english.. in my mind words are clear, phrases are clear, I can write them.. but when I try to speak I become a sort of dumb.. my mouth and tongue ar blocked. I think it's because I never had occasion to speak with someone.

I promise I test my crayons candles.

I want to sell some of them but I don't know how and where to begin!!

Kiss