Milk Powder

Landa

Say my recipe needed 9 oz of water. I would take 3 oz of that water amount, set it aside, then in the 6 oz. of water, I would dissolve my lye. Now with the 3 oz. I put aside, I would add 2-3 tablespoons of milk powder, either stick blend or whisk, beat the heck out of it so there are no clumps.

I then put this in the fridge and start working on my soap. When I hit light-medium trace, I take the goat milk slurry out of the fridge, whisk it, then add it to the soap mixture. I use a slotted spoon at this point to incorporate the GM into all of the soap mixture. I then pour into the mold.

HTH:cheesy2:

Hey, I just learned a new vocabulary word "slurry". What is the difference of using regular buttermilk at trace and the slurry of dried milk? Can you add any milk at trace instead of mixing it with the lye? I ran accross a rebatching website recently that suggests using powdered whole milk as a secret incredient after melting the soap to make it creamy as it is going into the mold. I thought this was interesting.

Hey, I just learned a new vocabulary word "slurry". What is the difference of using regular buttermilk at trace and the slurry of dried milk? Can you add any milk at trace instead of mixing it with the lye? I ran accross a rebatching website recently that suggests using powdered whole milk as a secret incredient after melting the soap to make it creamy as it is going into the mold. I thought this was interesting.

If you are to use regular buttermilk, using the same #'s in above example, you would reduce the water by 3 ounces and at trace at 3 ounces of buttermilk, rather than holding back 3 ounces of water and mixing the powdered buttermilk with that and adding it at trace.