First Pillar...Not so great after all

KristineG

I'm the one that thought my first pillar looked so nice and level that there was no need for relief holes...lol...boy was I wrong. Also, it doesn't look so great now that I've been staring at it for a couple of days...only partially feathered..lol. See that huge air crater that appeared once I started burning? Also, I did pour all the wax out of the melt pool to get a clear picture of that. This is after burning for an hour. Anyway, I got my camera back last nite and as promised, here's the pics.:embarasse

100_0541.jpg100_0544.jpg100_0545.jpg100_0543.jpgThe streaks are from pouring out the melted wax in the pool.

I think it looks pretty good for a first attempt. The thing with palm you have to pour real hot and make sure your mold is hot. That makes your feathering come out better. I am curious though as to why you poured out the melting wax in your melt pool? I've never heard of this.

Oh I think I see now you were wanting to see what was going on inside of the pillar. Yep poke your relief holes.

The good thing about candles is if you don't like just re-melt and try again.:laugh2: Keep up the good work practice makes perfect.