Who uses EO's (B&B)

sandyrose

I'm not finding any threads on EO's in here. I can see why though because the FO's are so much fun! I was just looking for someone to share ideas with about EO's. I'm trying to create natural products so I've decided to stick to EO's.

So far everyone loves my Peppermint EO Whipped Shea Butter. We all want to just eat the stuff.

My bath salts with Lavender EO are a big hit with my testers. But I'm working on EO combo's for my bath salts and I'm going to call them "therapeutic bath salts" one for headaches & Sinus, one for PMS & Depression..ect.... Actually I was thinking of ordering some fo the EO blemds fro Sweet Cakes, anyone try them?

But so far the favorite with my testers are the single scented Peppermint, Lavender and Lemongrass (smells like lemon heads candy)

I also made a lavender/Tea Tree soap that smells very fresh and clean.

Hi there! I'm just beginning to try using EOs. Don't really know much about them...yet. I have a friend who is an aromatherapist and reiki healer (don't know if that's the right word). She gives me a lot of good tips.

I posted a thread about some soap I made with Lavender EO. It was fantastic...then the scent faded fast. I use it myself and I really love it. It now has a soft scent but it feels great. Not sure if it's just the aroma or if the EO is actually doing something to me. I love how it wakes me up in the morning!

Anyway, would love to exchange ideas and info from time to time. At this point, not sure how much help I'd be to you though. :embarasse :)

I was worried about scents fading too. So far though I haven't had that problem. I made some lotions w/lav about 6 months ago then I packed them away before we moved. They were in the garage during extreme temp changes and everything. I just opened them up and they still smell great!

I'm wanting to make MP soaps now and I just pray that they hold the scent.

I think part of the reason why my soap scent faded was because I just had it out in the open, like I thought sunshine would help it. :o My friend did later mention that I should keep it in a cool, dark area...away from sunlight. I'm gonna try it again and see what happens. There was also a thread where people were saying that you need an "anchor" scent when using some EOs like lavender. Not sure what would anchor lavender, though. It's a learning process. But I really would love to go the natural route, as much as possible. I have to admit though, I do loves me some Cyclo! :D

Me too :) I'd say 50% of my soaps, half of my lip balms, one of the lotion bases I use is EO scented. I find they're much more flexible than FOs.

You can anchor lavender with something like patchouli, or cedarwood. Start learning about the "notes" of EOs - top, middle, base. The base notes last longer, and help round out blends.

Like fragrances, some essential oils fade, some don't. Lavender is soap is a "known" fader, as a general rule, though some have good luck with it.

Howdy,

I use EO's in candles and just wanted to share that you really need to watch out for certain oils and what they can do to people. The citrus oils can cause people to get sunburn easier, some are poisionous like wintergreen.

goodluck to you

I believe Rosemary is bad for pregnant women and people with high blood pressure....

It's all very interesting. I was looking into Jasmine, it's sooooo expensive though. But it's suppose to be a mood elevator.... and is good for depressed individuals...

Have fun learning!