Old Wax

Hi everyone!

It's been a long time since I been here and boy have things changed. I made candles years ago and now my addiction is coming back. I have a question for you experts. While cleaning out my basement I found about 30lbs of J223 wax in a plastic bin. Is this wax still good?? I'm guessing it's been there about 3 years (maybe more). I'm not planning on selling these candles and I'm not going to wick them I'm going to use them on a candle warmer. Anyone have any Idea if this us usable wax or not??

Thanks for any help.

Kali

Is J223 Soy wax? If so, i'm not sure on if it has a best before date or not - i'm not brave enough to attempt soy. Of it's paraffin, it will be fine to use, even to sell, it does not go off. Though it might have got a bit dusty and damp (depending on how it was stored) so i'd just be a lil more careful when pouring in case any bits have got in when it was stored. A tea strainer could get that out, or just pour very slowly and you'll find bits stay at the bottom!

Hope that helps

I'm sure that wax is still good. It isn't a soy. But even if it were, I think it would be fine. I found 2 cases of ky125 that was bought 4 years ago & I think it is better now than when I first tried it, lol.

PamR

Thanks all for getting back to me so quick. I think I'm just going to give it a try what do I have to lose? Now I have to order some fresh FO cause the ones I found are really rank smelling. I'll let you all know how it comes out. And again Thanks!

Kali :cheesy2:

Thanks all for getting back to me so quick. I think I'm just going to give it a try what do I have to lose? Now I have to order some fresh FO cause the ones I found are really rank smelling. I'll let you all know how it comes out. And again Thanks!

Kali :cheesy2:

Sorry to go slightly of topic, but do FOs (in bottles, not wax / soap etc) go off then? And if so, how long on average do they last? I've got loads of FOs, but none very old, just wandering how long i've got to use them up!!