need advise with container wicking

I have just started testing containers. Here is what i am using..

wax - Ecosoya 135

wick - HTP 1212 (suggested by CandleScience)

container - 11oz tureen 4 inch diameter across top

dye - none

Scent - mom's apple pie (.5oz)

Now here is my problem....

It is mushrooming & flickering alot, large flame

Great MP

Is the wick to large..Candlescience also suggested Lx series also..i believe the LX 26

Can anyone help me?

I am in the process of testing this wax also and got some great wick recomaditions from jakalex so hopefully she will chime in also, she adviced me to try the LX 26 or 28 and also the RRD 50 or RRD 55. My jar is 4+ inches also and I am trying the RRD 50 and so far the melt pool is doing good. After a couple of hours the wick got a mushroom but I can learn to live with that since I have tested other waxes and was not able to single wick it

Bestof luck to you

I am in the process of testing this wax also and got some great wick recomaditions from jakalex so hopefully she will chime in also, she adviced me to try the LX 26 or 28 and also the RRD 50 or RRD 55. My jar is 4+ inches also and I am trying the RRD 50 and so far the melt pool is doing good. After a couple of hours the wick got a mushroom but I can learn to live with that since I have tested other waxes and was not able to single wick it

Bestof luck to you

Thank you..i'm getting a bunch of LX series wicks to tst out..I'm not having good luck with HTP's......