Votive Mold Release Help

There has to be a magic trick to getting the votives out of the metal molds. I've tried everything I could think of and still can't get them to release. I'm using GB 416 Pillar Blend. I searched the board but wasn't able to find anything about votives in this wax...maybe it's not great for votives? I've tried popping them in the freezer, silicone mold release spray, adding half Tbs coconut oil, pam...nothing seems to work. Is there a magic trick to this wax or should I chuck it and get another brand?

when I 1st did the votives I had the same problem...not a one came out. I ended up melting them back down and the using pam spray instead of the mold release and it popped out just geat. Don't know if it was becuase the mold now already had the wax oils on it or because of the pam spray lol

I am sure someone on here has some better advice for you though;)

I put mine in the fridge for about 10-15 minutes. As soon as I take them out I turn them upside down, tap them lightly on the counter and they pop right out. I don't use pam or any other mold release agent. I don't wash them out in between uses, I just wipe them out with a paper towel.

Be careful when putting your votive molds in the freezer. Don't leave them in too long and be careful when taking them out of the mold or the votive can crack. After a few uses of your votive molds, it will become easier to get those buggers out. I never wash mine either and now have no trouble getting any votive out. I think they need time to be "seasoned" just like cast iron pans do.

Thanks for the tips I'm still unable to get this wax to release from the molds. I've tried twice again today, I tried pam first it didn't work then no pam in the fridge for 20 mins it didn't work. So, now they are in the oven melting yet again because they won't come out. I would think the molds are seasoned by now, they were used when I bought them and we've poured palm votives a couple times with no release problems. I've come to the conclusion this wax just isn't good for votives. I'm chucking it! I've had good results with Ecosoya PB in pillars I think I'm going to try it.

Ugg! If that's the case no wonder it won't work. I went back and checked the supplier's site to make sure I didn't make a mistake and it's the 416 that I have. I got it from CS http://www.candlescience.com/wax/soy-wax.php they state pillars, votives and tarts. I guess I took for granted it worked about the same as the EPB. :embarasse

No problem Tony...votive wax or not it won't release from the molds. I have some EPB coming on Monday, I've made pillars with it with good results.

Yeah, I like it for pillars. I need to work on the votives too now :) I do know that the ECB will release from votive molds.

Tony