so many fundraiser questions...

ignitethesenses

I'm working on an agreement to start doing fundraisers. So far, what I am doing is making a cover letter...tell about my products, why they should use my business, etc. On another page I'll include basic program information (how kids sell, how money is collected, how I'm paid, etc). On another page I was going to do the actual agreement list style with points that they agree to.

There are so many things I'm unsure about...

do the kids somehow give the people they sell to a reciept since payment is collected up front?

what do you do (or what do you have the organization do) if a kid is dishonest and "sells" but never turns in any order or forms? I figure its the organizations issue...but how ever it turns out, it could look REALLY bad for my company, yk?

how do you prepare for the kids to deliever the product? do you supply boxes or bags? do you include it in your agreement that the ogranization will figure that out? I guess there would probably be enough boxes from delivering the product to the org. that the kids could use those, right?

do you let the org pick scents or do you do it? I'm thinking may let them choose a scent package - like 6 holiday scents I choose, or a group of my 6 everyday best sellers.

what sort of things do you include with the customers order? business cards? instruction sheets? I guess I'd have to do the sorting of orders to include this...or maybe I could just send a stack of preprinted material (business cards with instructions on back?) for them to include with each order when sorting...

what other info do you include in the agreement? I've got a lot of the basics figured out on what to include, but I know I'll probably miss a lot of stuff.

Sorry I have so many questions...I just want to get this just right and have as few kinks as possible to work out...Thanks to anyone who can offer up some of their experience :wink2:

Goodness! Have you read the info on candle cauldren? All the way down on the right http://www.candlecauldron.com/

there is a receipt form there...I print some and give them to the organizer. Whether they use them or not, I can't say.

Never thought about the dishonest kid...suppose it could happen, but I don't think it would make YOU look bad.

I deliver in cases and supply white T-shirt bags

I give them a list of 12 scents and let them pick 6

My candles have warning labels with my business info...I dont' include cards.

I also print the order form on one side with scents and descriptions, pics and biz info on the other side. It folds in half nicely.

Make sure checks are payable to the organization and they give you one BIG check. Make sure it clears.

Oh believe me there are dishonest kids...and PARENTS out there. Last yr with my big fundraiser that I posted pics of....the school had to take one parent to court because the parent spent the kids candle money and wrote the school a $600 check that bounced! I had regular customers that told me they ordered candles from a couple of the kids and never received them. So, yes, it can happen!

with my fundraiser I let the organization pick 10 scents...I suggest my best sellers but it is up to them the scents they pick. I print an order form and the scent descritions and a little about my company on the other side. The kids take orders for usually 2 weeks. The organization has to pay me half when they palce the order and then the other half on delivery.

I have 4 fundraiser back to back this fall/winter...gonna be BUSY!!!!!!!

Goodness! Have you read the info on candle cauldren? All the way down on the right http://www.candlecauldron.com/

Yep, read through the fundraiser info there...but I guess I spaced the customer reciept form 'doh

I thought about using the cheapo tshirt bags from Sams Club...I'll have to go price 'em ;)

Thanks for the info Georgia and Kimberly :)