Am I crazy to think I can sell whipped Shea Butter at

sandyrose

....the Farmers Market and outdoor craft shows? It suddenly hit me that it could melt and deflate outside all day in the summer!

I live in Illinois. We might be in for another hot and humid summer. But Waaaa! I really want to sell my 100% whipped shea!!

Can it be done? Selling it outside in the summer?

Keep them in a cooler? Okay I can do that. There is the thought of people walking around with them leaving them in their car etc.... and getting home to a melted jar of shea butter.

Well I can always consider just selling 100% shea butter with EO's--- minus the "whipped" just "poured"

That would be disappointing because it's so wonderful whipped.

Does anyone else have any tricks or tips? I better stock up on coolers to lug around this summer.

I just sell them in spring and fall at farmer's market. As you say, in the hot Midwestern summers, they will just melt while the person is driving home. Who's to say they'll go straight home or go off running errands and leave it in a hot car? LOL I don't even ship whipped shea in the summer months. I say on my website that I'll only ship during cooler weather.

You can go the cooler route, and I've done that too. But I warned the customers that this puppy will melt quickly, so they'd better get it home to the a/c fast. Some still insisted on buying it anyway. lol