Wax Disaster!!! GRRRRRRRR

Okay I poured a pillar didn't have it sealed good enough and didn't put it in a pan like I usually do. I turn around I have wax all over the top of my wooden stand and on the carpet. How can I get this off and cleaned up? I am sooooooooooooo mad at myself I could screammmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!:mad:

I've done that same thing, probably a couple more times then I should even mention! I always find it so frustrating not being able to find a container to catch the wax as it's running off the counter top. Usually the nearest things that I have to catch it are other molds which have holes in the bottom so little good they do :o

As far as getting it off the iron should work well. If it is a large amount of wax sometimes just letting it sit overnight and harden up works so at least you can get the big pieces up. Then all you have left are the small things and that is where the iron comes in handy.

Good luck :)

Did the same thing myself with a 6x6 mold last night. So maddening. I also had a dye bottle explosion into my pour pot--alot of peach colored dye turns everything a deep red LOL! So, I decide to scrap the wax and dye, but save some to make dye blocks, so I pour it into clamshells and the remaining dye I pour into a disposable roasting pan to throw away and apparently the wax had not melted all the way (this happened last week, so I had to remelt the wax to deal with the mess), and a big glop of wax splattered into the wax and it looks like a murder scene in my candle room--wax splatters everywhere. I hung it up for the night, went downstairs and made a mojito--all is good in the world today. I had two bad weeks of candle making.

For my messy counters and tables, since my wooden "vintage" end table took the brunt of a lopsided candle disaster, I took a metal spatula, wrapped it in paper towels (so the end is covered by a crease, not wadded) and scraped.

If an iron doesn't work for you (it does GREAT with walls, well.. and a little smidge of cover paint) you can try a craft store for liquid wax remover. I had some stuck to a few things, I'm such a messy artist... and tested it for color safe and it worked beautifully!