Help! Soap Stuck!

brydean

My soap is stuck in my mold! :embarasse

I usually HP. But I wanted to try making a loffa(sp) soap. So I greased a piece of PVC pipe, put the loffa sponges in and poured the soap at thin trace. That was Sat. and I still can't get it out. I hate to destroy it, it smells heavenly. Honeydew melon and lime.:D

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

They can be a bear to get out. Stick it in the freezer for a few hours. While it's in there find a can or something that will fit inside the pipe so that you can use it as a pusher.

Get your soap out of the freezer and let it warm up a bit, then hold it with something grabby (like the rubber jar openers, I use that textured rubber shelf-liner stuff)) if you need help getting a firm grip on it. Put your can on the table and your soap on the can and puuuuuul down on the pipe (I put my whole body into it LOL) and hopefully the can will push the soap out the top. KWIM? So the can and the soap stay in the same place and the pipe slides down.

I have had soaps take 3 full days to be ready to come out, so if it doesn't work set it aside for a few more days and try again.

Oh and if it didn't gel, give it another week before stressing.

• 5 months later...

Oy... this is happening to me right now! :confused: I forgot to grease the inside of the PVC pipe and I cannot for the life of me get my loofah soap out! I put it on top of a can of soup, and pushed down with all my might. Nothing! After trying for 15 minutes I asked my DH to try. He pushed and pushed with all his might and believe me, he is a mighty strong man. So, last night I put it in the fridge because I didn't have room in the freezer. It is still in the fridge so I will try again when I get home from work tonight. If that doesn't work I will have to MAKE room in the freezer!

freezer, my dear. fridge never worked for me.

I've also heard that if the freezer doesn't work you can try running super hot water over it, but I haven't tried that.

Thanks CareBear.... figures huh? Close but no cigar!! I will try the freezer then. I wanted to throw the PVC pipe through a window last night, but I kept my cool... counted to 10 and told myself... step away from the PVC, step away from the PVC... :angry2:

I can imagine cramming the PVC in the freezer, then having my DH come along to get ice cream and having the frozen PVC fall out onto his foot! I better put a caution sign on the outside of the freezer door!!:eek:

cbv1, you know the freezer door where there is a kind of shelf on it? That's where I put my pipe. It fits there perfectly and doesn't take up any space or roll out when someone opens the door. You could try putting yours there unless it's too long to fit. Mine happens to match the length so it works out good. And oh, do leave it in there for quite a long time, like overnight. One or two hours won't be enough.

Next time, line it with freezer paper. Cut the paper as long as the PVC. roll it up with the shiny side facing out, and stick it in the pipe. Leave it there for a bit, then take it out. Re-roll with the shiny side facing in, towards the soap. It will stay all the way to the edge of the pipe. Pour as usual.

e

Next time, line it with freezer paper. Cut the paper as long as the PVC. roll it up with the shiny side facing out, and stick it in the pipe. Leave it there for a bit, then take it out. Re-roll with the shiny side facing in, towards the soap. It will stay all the way to the edge of the pipe. Pour as usual.

e

I don't think lining this will work for me because I push a long piece of loofah in the PVC pipe. I only use the PVC when I make loofah soap so I think pushing the loofah in would wrinkle the freezer paper. The last time I made this I put some jojoba oil, which I superfat with, on a piece of paper towel and just spread it on the inside of the PVC pipe. I didn't have problems getting the soap out that first time, but then I forgot to to that this second time.

I did make room in my freezer and put the PVC in there last night so I will try to get the soap out again tonight!