Pillar mold seal

Any ideal what kind to buy and where to get it. I want to start making pillars and need some, also i noticed that alot of the fragrance oil says that there gel and parrifin safe i have fo for my gel candles. I was wondering what i can do to test the fo for the wax candles? Just keeping it safe, thank you

The FO for gel is fine for wax candles. The problem comes when you are going from wax to gel. You need to look for gel compatible FO.

As far as sealing pillar molds, I tried many types of sealers and didn't like any of them; they're messy, and don't always work. So I made my own system & haven't had a lead since. Some folks use wick pins, but I haven't tried them.

Fredron

I sometimes use those little rubber plugs but sometimes they give me wick problems...I use a tall wick pin and...for a sealant I use plumber's putty..it's cheap and doesn't leak...I also use the old standard screws..but I mostly go back to the plumber's putty. I bought everything that they made..those magnets, once they curl a bit that's it for them, you can't use the rubber plugs if you're using a wick pin. Okay, I bought those washer and spongey things from someone and they also work great...bet I gave you wayyyy more information than you wanted. lol

Some folk on here use metal tape, I finally got myself some & can vouch for its effectiveness.

I cut off a piece big enough to tape over the whole of the bottom of the mould & press it down carefully especially where the wick comes out of the hole (I don't use wick pins).

It seals perfectly & if I'm careful when I remove the tape I can stick it on my kitchen tiles & use it again.

Sally.

What kind of molds are you using?

I'm totally down with metal tape for the aluminum molds. You typically get it at the hardware store, but there are big quality differences. My good stuff would never leak in a million years but unfortunately it doesn't have a brand name on the roll. My crappy stuff says Intertape. Don't get that.

I wouldn't use the tape with the tin plated molds. Magnetic mold sealer totally rocks for those. Easiest mold sealing in the Universe.