? about FO's and skin safety

ignitethesenses

I've always thought that soap safe FO's are not always skin safe because they are safe for the skin only temporarily.

So I was going through all of my fragrances I use for candles making note of the safety of each. Some of my peaks bottles say soap safe....so I assume that meant its not ok for lotions and such. But I check the website and it is ok for skin products. But, some of the other peaks bottles that say soap safe don't say anything about skin safety on the website...just says basically whats on the bottle - candles/soaps.

Am I wrong about my first assumption that soap safe doesn't necessarily mean skin safe?

If I'm right, then how do I know for sure? Just go with the website? At first I was going with whats on the bottle, but doing that I was missing out on a lot of FOs that were actually safe for lotion.

None of my FOs (which are all from Peak) say "candles/soaps". They all say "candles - B&B" with the exception of a few which are for candles only. From the term "B&B", I gather it is safe for both wash off (soap) and leave on (lotion) products. For leave on products, I do not put a lot, something like 1%.

None of the bottles say "candles/soaps"...the website does (like Asian Sandalwood), the bottle says "Soap Safe".

But, my fragrances like Baby Powder and Jasmine say (on the bottle) "Soap Safe" but the website says "Safe for wax candles, soaps, and skin products". Its just kind of confusing. I guess I'll just go with the safest option...if its not painfully clear its ok for skin, I won't use it for that :wink2:

When my mottled candles come out of the mold I get the nicest finish on them by wiping them off with the palms of my hands. Haven't found anything better yet, although I will have to when I make them in larger quantities. Lately they've just been under development.

I know it's bad. But it's candles and I can't let my health get in the way.