Votive help

I've been making my votives for quite some time. Since I use about 70% soy in my blend, you probably know that the votive must be burned while in a snug votive holder. I have customers that purchase them and love them. I make it clear about what type of votive holder to use. My problem is that I don't like them anymore. Though I haven't had any complaints, I feel like I'm just sitting here waiting for the day when someone complains that the wax went all over the place. I know that I can question them about the type of holder they used, etc...but I don't like the "I told you" routine. Has anyone else included the holder with theirs? I'm afraid if I start supplying votive holders, I'll have to increase the price. Is there such a thing as a clear votive cups like the tealight cups? TIA

Funny you should bring this up. I had a craft show Saturday and a customer came up telling me one of my votives melted all over the place, apparently expected it to burn like a pillar, said she tried to hug it. I gave her a free votive holder, and she said she didn't have one like it. Now, I'd never seen her before, she just came to the show hoping I would be there, but I'm certain she bought from someone else at the same location. She did buy a small container candle from me and joined my mailing list. :D

The thread cowgirl pointed out is very interesting as long as customers don't try to burn them in the packaging. Maybe you could burn your votives in different holders to show how they perform in different ones. Those short little ones with wax spilled over the edge, the rounded ones with wax left, and a proper one. You could display pictures or bring the actual burned candles.

Thanks for the info. I read the thread from the link above and I am taking your advice. Tomorrow, I'm at a Farmers Market...a very nice one. I'm going to take my votives I used for testing to show how "not" to burn them. I have holders that I bought a while back really cheap....i think I will just give them out tomorrow with a purchase of a votive. Funny, I was out in the candle room making smelly jelly's and cleaning up and almost pitched the votives. I came in the house to get lunch and looked here. Thanks!

I am just starting to play around with votives myself and I have been researching votive holders I did run accross this site. I didn't think they were very expensive but I am not done researching on the best prices/places yet either. I have to run to town later today and I will be checking out the dollar tree as well but here is a link for ya if you are thinking about putting the votive holder in your packaging. I know I am going to because my friends are terrible when it comes to burning candles, they just lite it and let it go http://cudge.net/votive_holders.html

Any votives wont burn right if they are not in a snug votive holder. I think you are doing just what you should. You could offer votive jars for sale. When ever you are figuring their total ask them if they need any votive jars today.

I agree. The ones I have here that I haven't used are the right size for my votives to burn properly. I'll hand them out tomorrow...I don't have that many, maybe 2 dozen. I'm going to start looking for something nice to offer after that.