Salt Sugar Scrub Recipe

LadyNiya

I finally found a salt/sugar scrub I really love! It's basic and simple and really easy to make.:D

Making Sea Salt Scrubs

Keep that summer skin beautiful by making some of your own salt scrubs or sometimes called Salt Glows. By making your own scrubs you can save money and you will be assured of fresh ingredients .

Bath salts are used for many different purposes, and they make great gifts too.

The basic ingredients:

1 cup Fine Sea Salt

1 tsp Baking Soda (sodium bicarbonate) to maintain freshness

1 tsp Carrier Base Oil - Almond Oil or Safflower oils are perfect

Fragrance

1 or 2 drops Colorant - food color would work well to color your salts. optional

Herbs - optional This is for smaller batches!

Put 1 lb fine sea salts into bowl add 1 tea baking soda add fragrance, and carrier base oil and color (optional) and mix well. Pour into decorative jar and that's all folks! You can always add extras such a vitamin e oils or glycerin for extra aromatherapy or skin softening properties.

recipe found:http://scentsations4u.com/fine_seasalts.htm

P.S. Yes I have tried this recipe and I love it very much and so does everyone in the house even my baby boy who's 13 yrs old:)

This sounds easy enough, I will try it. I was wondering though, in sugar scrubs and salt scrubs, do I need to add a preservative or does this stay good for a while because there is no water added?

This sounds easy enough, I will try it. I was wondering though, in sugar scrubs and salt scrubs, do I need to add a preservative or does this stay good for a while because there is no water added?

All scrubs should have a preservative added according to the suggested manufacturers reccommended amount. I use LiquaParOptima in mine. Even though it is not made with water, water is introduced when using it no matter how careful you are. The only way I wouldn't use one is if I made some to use that day.

To balance this recipe out I used a 1/4 cup of bath gel base because it was dry, I also added a preservative since it is a scrub and being use in the bathroom. I don't want germs and bacteria in it because it is surrounded by water all day *stored in cabinet* try the 1/4 of bath gel base and she how it goes, you can tweak it to suite you.

Thanx for letting me know something was missing from the recipe.

I whip up my sugar scrubs right before I hit the shower.....so I don't use a preservative. I just took some demerarra sugar and mixed in sweet almond oil until it was the consistency that I liked. I added a little bit of warm vanilla sugar fragrance and threw in a vanilla bean just for ambiance. :o It was a heavenly scrub and my skin was so soft and glowing afterwards! I'm going to have to whip up some more of that stuff, it was great!

Thanks for the tip on the shower gel. I'll try that. Does this make if kind of foam/suds?

Sorry for getting back to you so late. We had death in the family. But yes the bath gel does make it foam up as you add water to it.

• 1 month later...