Looking for a laser printer....

sassyjo

I love my HP 2600n! I have wondered so many times how the heck I thought I'd have gotten by without it! My labels look 50 times better printed on this machine than they ever did with ink. There is just no comparing the two!! I use lots of kraft labels, and lots of color, and I couldn't be happier! I highly recommend it to anyone needing a laser for labels!

I bought an HP I think same model (have to look in the garage - still not fully unpacked from the move) I could not for the life of me get my pics on the labels to print out good....so I had to buy another injet the cannon pixma 950.....no problems....but since I spent a couple hundred on the laser I would not mind using it....any tips?

I use crystal clear labels

I bought an HP I think same model (have to look in the garage - still not fully unpacked from the move) I could not for the life of me get my pics on the labels to print out good....so I had to buy another injet the cannon pixma 950.....no problems....but since I spent a couple hundred on the laser I would not mind using it....any tips?

I use crystal clear labels

You need to change your settings! To print on that type of label try the transparency setting, and feeding the sheets one at a time through the front to see if it makese a difference.

To print on other types of labels you will need to be sure that your paper settings are for labels, and if the printer is telling you that type of media is not available when you go to print, just say "ok" and then hit the green check mark button on front of the printer to "use available media". If you don't use the heavier paper setting the labels will look HORRIBLE! They will have all kinds of crap on them, and you will be very disappointed.

I compared printers and decided I wanted th OKI 5500. About $600 worth of printer. So, figured this seasons shows would get that paid for. Walked into Staples for labels a few months ago and saw that printer for $350.. had been a floor model. Very quickly got that loaded into the car and did the happy dance all the way home. I love the labels I get out of it. I print on clear and kraft and just love the crisp quality of the ink. Lasers are well worth the investment.

We bought a Dell 3010 a few months ago, and we have not liked it at all. Have had trouble since day one. I wish I had checked on here, I would have went with at least the next one up, or better yet went with the HP. I love their ink jets.

I will try some tips on here, though, to see if I can get it to work better. Very disappointed. And the labels smear when wet.