First MP Soap EVER! Fish embed style...

(Also my first gallery post ever!)

I found the instructions for this soap on this board ages ago and have been dying to make these!

I used clear MP base from Bitter Creek North, Oatmeal MP for the "sand" & Fish from KY Candle Wax Supply and a hint of Gain Island Fresh type fragrance from Natures Garden. Greenery was from the aquarium supplies at Wallyworld.

After letting them harden for a couple hours, I then gave each of my kids a soap to "play" with to see what the weaknesses would be. My son immediately got the oatmeal soap separated from the clear soap. When my daughter took a bath, the oatmeal section also broke away on hers. I had spritzed w/ alcohol before over pouring the clear soap, but not sure if that was the proper method?

Has anyone else combined two different styles of MP soap with good adhesion? The plastic embeds have nicely stayed put so far. I think these would really sell well for me this summer, but I also want to make sure it is going to stay together if possible. If anyone has any hints or suggestions I would be truly grateful!

edited to add: I used the 3oz clamshell, and the oatmeal soap was poured at an angle.

fishsoap003ws3.jpg

About the breakage,

I wonder if you would pour a thin layer of clear soap, let that harden, then pour the oatmeal soap in...then fill the rest with clear, maybe that might keep from them breaking apart...

That's just my idea, I have never done this before LOL

Maybe someone who makes this, might have a better idea. :)

HTH

Dani

edited to say:: THAT'S VERY CUTE Soap!! GOOD JOB! :D

I make these in a free form and slice them (no clamshells) and combine different types/brands of MP all the time without seperation. The trick is the timing. If the layer is too cold before you pour the next layer it'll separate on you every time. You may want to try pouring when your layer is a bit warmer and see how that works.

(Also my first gallery post ever!)

I found the instructions for this soap on this board ages ago and have been dying to make these!

I used clear MP base from Bitter Creek North, Oatmeal MP for the "sand" & Fish from KY Candle Wax Supply and a hint of Gain Island Fresh type fragrance from Natures Garden. Greenery was from the aquarium supplies at Wallyworld.

After letting them harden for a couple hours, I then gave each of my kids a soap to "play" with to see what the weaknesses would be. My son immediately got the oatmeal soap separated from the clear soap. When my daughter took a bath, the oatmeal section also broke away on hers. I had spritzed w/ alcohol before over pouring the clear soap, but not sure if that was the proper method?

Has anyone else combined two different styles of MP soap with good adhesion? The plastic embeds have nicely stayed put so far. I think these would really sell well for me this summer, but I also want to make sure it is going to stay together if possible. If anyone has any hints or suggestions I would be truly grateful!

edited to add: I used the 3oz clamshell, and the oatmeal soap was poured at an angle.

fishsoap003ws3.jpg

Try spritzing the layer before your next pour with rubbing alcohol. I've never had one come undone this way. This allows the layers to adhere to one another.