So I went to the Yankee Flagship Store

barncat

While visiting New England aI stopped in at the Yankmee candle flagship store. It was huge. Seen lots of cool stuff, plus they gave some demos on beeswax dipping in colonial times. I was actually expecting more. Was a big giant gift shop really. they had every type of yankee candle you could imagine, as well as more. My son enjoyed it. he liked the forest you walked through and all the neat displays, very kid freindly. He also duipped some candles, now I couldn't get him to do any of that here, but he loved it.

Yankee is why I never worry too much about appearance issues with my candles, such as wet spots. Their candles have wet spots, uneven coloring on top, funky oily-looking patches, and more ... yet they have no problem selling! lol I think people just like the scents and the throw. :)

I thought the flagship store would offer more into how they make the candles. When I visited it, I saw the actual factory down the street for the flagship store but they don't let anyone in other than employees. Most of the items they carry other than candles are from Blossom Bucket, Dept. 56, etc. I bought some of their newest tarts/melts that look like fruit tarts and I burned one and it was awful!!!! Don't know why people fuss over them.