Problems Finding Lye

soycrazy

Last time I ordered it was from BCN. You have to fill out a form and mail/fax it to them to buy lye from them. There are also a lot of people selling lye on Ebay. I have not bought from any of them...has anyone else tried lye off Ebay?

Lye is very, very hard to find in local stores these days. I can't even find it and I live in a big major city.

I have found it is easier to just order on line.

I would not buy off ebay. I just don't trust buying ingredients for my products off ebay. You are taking to much of a chance. Just like I would not buy any product ingredients off the classy (from anyone I am not familiar with). I purchased some mp soap base off the classy one time and I think something was wrong with it. The soap was not what it was advertised it to be. I ended up throwing it away. Now.....I have purchased since then but it was from someone I had done business with before and that I am very familiar with.

I will buy almost anything else off ebay......just not product ingredients. Just my :2cents: :2cents:

Do you have a Lowes nearby? They sell a brand called Roebic. It is in the plumbing section. It's in a plastic jar 2 lbs with yellow, red and black. It's advertised as a Crystal Drain opener. It's 100% lye.

Ann M

I have heard that many stores do not carry it, but also if you go to Lowe's and ask for lye most don't know what you are talking about. It's also not typically in the cleaning aisle with all of the other toilet bowl cleaners. I stumbled onto it in my Lowe's after being told they did not carry it. So it doesn't hurt to check the plumbing aisle and see if it's there. For me, it was on a high shelf.

Ann M

Lowes has always kept its lye in the plumbing section which I think is something most people aren't aware of nor would think to check in that area. I was told it was individual store choice as to whether or not to carry it. I use to always buy my lye from Lowes so I was bummed when Red Devil quit making it and our Lowes decided to not stock lye of any kind due to the meth problem. I think your best bet is to go online and buy it.