Is the color really necessary?

If it makes you feel any better about your color problems, I work at BBW and it's pretty common for us to get boxes of lotions, soaps, etc. that are an off color. Just yesterday I had a lady bring up two bottles of Sweet Pea antibacterial soap- one the usual pink and the other nearly orange- to make sure they were the same fragrance. If BBW can't make consistent colors, there's no hope for anyone! ;)

Some of the other posters did have a point about color being part of the "sensory experience" of the candle, but I still think you should at least give it a shot. Maybe it would put more emphasis on the actual fragrance of your candles, without the color to "help it along". As I said before... I'd be more likely to buy your white candles just because they were different from the ordinary and that tends to pique my interest.

I can't wait the see the pics you post in the gallery!

I just finished pouring some all whites. I chose FO that would be an obvious rich color. For instance, I chose Fresh Lilac, Candied Apple, Spiced Cranberry, Buttercream, County Apple. It's really warm here today but not hot enough for the A/C so it may take a while longer for them to become hard enough for me to move. It was weird out there in the candle shop today. I kept feeling like I was forgetting something. Eliminating the color step was very odd. I kept reaching for the color chips. I'll take the pics as soon as I'm able to move them.

Well...They're done. I can tell you, they are not pretty. I just tried to take some pics but they're turning out too yellow. I don't have a light box and usually take my pictures outside so I'll take them in the morning. After looking at these, I'm going to stick with the color. I use color chips so I guess my quest now is to find out everything about liquid color. Thanks everyone for all the feedback and suggestions. I'll still post the pics in the morning.

I'm with you on this color situation, I'm pretty new at this and thought that was the problem, but speaking to others found out it is just an issue with soy. I spoke to a lady who has been doing this for years and she almost never colors her candles as she loves the creamy white of the soy. Lots of labels, but you have to make tags or labels anyway to sell them.