Just wondering, votive holder...

clane

The other day I was surfing the web and came across an idea for an 'all natural' votive holder. The reason I am looking is because I cannot tell you how many people burn a votive after assuring you they have 'votive holders' and then ask you why it ran all over the place... So, rather than buy and include a glass votive holder with every candle, especially samples, I am trying to come up with a way to provide the votive 'ready to go'. Maybe even something I can dip them in for a one-time use type thing... Thoughts? I really would like to give out samples but it won't do me any good if they walk away with the wrong impression just due to burning incorrectly...

One thing I did do though was to buy disposable muffin tins at Walmar and cut them into individual muffin-size. I took some tarts from a show or two that didn't sell, drilled a hole in the bottom, inserted a wick and then put them in the tin and added a ring of whipped wax on the top outer edge. I called them "Chocolate Cream Pie" as the scent was Chocolate Drizzle. No problem giving those out as samples because all they have to do is light and go but they are very time consuming to make...

Looking for thoughts! Thanks in advance!

Maybe they don't understand what you mean by a votive holder. If you specify glass, tight fitting container then it might help people remember moe - you could always have a little note on the candle - like on the safety notes, about how to burn them in the correct container!

I'm thinking of branching out into votives and could never afford to other a votive holder with them - i'm simply not large scale enough to afford them!!!

It's quite worrying though, to think that people don't always obey simple instructions......

The holders are usually sold next to the votives if you look in the drugstore. So I don't think there would be too much confusion as to what a votive holder is. What they may not know is that it needs to be snug fitting. So they may buy a standard votive + a roly poly votive holder thinking it'll work.

Thanks guys for your input. I saw somewhere where someone took beeswax sheets, cut to votive height and rolled the votive in the wax. I was thinking of experimenting with this but somehow include a 'bottom' so it is truly a votive burning container. I will let you know how it goes. I have some low smoke zinc wicks for sale under classifieds but would be willing to trade someone for beeswax sheets, fo's and/or car fresheners I can scent myself...

Look forward to hearing back!

i have signs posted all over the place at our shows and still add a paper, sticker and alot of yakking to each customer to make sure they "get it" that my votives will completely LIQUIFY when burned and i still get people that want to know why they run all over the place:rolleyes2 i offer a "deal" where they can get 3 votives plus a holder for a special price...... anyways back to the question ..... there are no shortcuts so i guess just keep offering the samples and a good deal on the holder that they can purchase....

That is the God's honest truth! My own Aunt who has burned my candles for years just recently hosted a small luncheon and called me and shared with me "I think I got a defective votive... it just ran all over the place within an hour". I said Aunt S*&^, did you burn it in a snug votive holder? She said, well, no, I used those new sherbert glasses I got for Christmas... my word!!!!