Shrink Wrap Advice

tucker

Hi gang. I'm seeing shrink wrap metioned but it's all Dutch to me. If I were to do votives and pillars, would you still be able to smell them??? Also, would I buy tubes or bags and would I need a heat gun similar to what I have to heat molds and so on, or one of those bar sealers that I see. Further, if I were to use the baggy things then does it make the wrap all tight like a skin, with the heat gun.

can't answer all your questions but as far as the heat gun goes, it does work on the shrink wrap but ya gotta be careful or the heat will shrink it so much & so fast that you'll end up with holes in the wrap. A blow dryer can also be used...doesn't get as hot.

Yes you will still be able to smell them through the shrink wrap, and you should keep same scents together, or after time they'll all start to smell like each other. You can buy either bags or tubing, but I think bags are more expensive. Whichever one you choose to use, you don't want too much excess wrap before you shrink it. An impulse sealer will make it a lot cleaner, but isn't required. If you already have a heat gun, that will work fine.