Room Sprays

danny

I've been using polysorbate 20. I can't seem to make them clear with it though (supposedly it can be done, but apparently I'm not that patient!). So I'll probably change the packaging to the aluminum spray bottles. Then it won't matter. I love to spray my boys bathroom with one made with Sweet Orange EO. It usually needs it (I've got my youngest potty training). LOL!

PS 20, distilled water, FO/EO & preservative (Idon't bother with the preservative for personal use)

Try a 2:1 ratio of PS 20 to FO. It will probably be cloudy as mine are but it will stay emulsified. I use aluminum bullets for packaging so that's not an issue.

WSP has a very nice spray. Can be used as body blitz, room spray and linen spray. Retains fragrance very well.

Are you talking about their Luxury Mist? If so, may I ask you how much FO you are using? I went with their guideline of using:

"Add .5 fragrance (0.5% = 1/2 teaspoon per 16 ounces of base)."

& it is not nearly strong enough. I actually went up to 1.5% FO load instead, and would've liked to even go higher than that with certain oils. What do you do? (by the way, I like this base/spray very much, otherwise)

I have a related question, not sure if anyone here can help me or not, but it's worth a shot...

I stopped by LorAnn Oils today and picked up some of their TSS and bottles to make linen sprays. I was hoping that I'd get INCI info on the packaging, but alas, it appears to be a trade secret. :confused:

I'm wondering if it's just cyclo, so I'll try to describe it and see if anyone has a guess as to what it might be. The label says it's "cosmetic grade". Directions for use state it's to be mixed 3:1 with the FO/EO then 1:24 with distilled water.

It's a clear liquid but slightly milky, pours like a light syrup. It gels and clumps like crazy if you add it directly to the water before adding the FO to it. If you don't mix the FO with the TSS before adding the water, the spray is cloudy. If you follow the directions and mix the FO in first, you get a nice clear product easily (though they warn that citrus oils may remain cloudy).

As I only mixed up a couple of 4oz. sprays tonight (two according to the instructions and one... well... now I know what doesn't work...), I have no idea how long it suspends the oil or if it will cloud over time.

A 4oz. bottle of TSS will yield me 96oz. of linen spray for $2.95 (+ the oz. or so of FO, bottles and assorted labels & whatnots). If I could find out what this stuff is and buy it cheaper, I'd love to.

Thanks for any help you can offer me in advance!

But using water, doesn't really make a great body spray alone, does it?

I have two lbs of fo modifier just staring at me. If it works & I can stear away from cyclo..then hey, I'm all for it!

This post is about Room Sprays so I answered about room sprays, not a Body Spray/Room Spray.

As far as body sprays Cyclo is the best. It is stronger and 1 application last all day, at least mine do.

I absolutely love the SilkBase from Save on Scents. It's kinda on the expensive side, but it can be used to make perfume oil, body sprays, and linen sprays. It's bascially cyclo. But I love it. I've tried other linen bases, and either it smells like nothing but alcohol, or it turns milky when I add the oils. When you add scent to the SilkBase, it stays clear, and mixes well. And plus, it doesn't leave your linens and furniture wet after spraying.

cyclomethicone is not water soluble, so it's not going to mix with water.

i use WSP's modifier, which works great, but it's not nearly as strong as cyclo and fo...and it fades quicker. it is nice tho and i still sell quite a bit of it.