More Turkey Pot Questions

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Kmart close to where I live(Columbus, Ohio) said they had them around Thanksgiving only. They sold them in the sporting good camping section. I would love to get my hands on one. Oh well I'm going to check some of the sporting good stores.

clc404

I can't believe my luck. I called another Kmarts to see if they had one, they had 2 left for $30.00 each. I got greedy and bought both. I'm doing the happy dance. Hope anyone else that's looking finds a good deal. Cindys thanks for the heads up on Kmarts.

clc404

I can't believe my luck. I called another Kmarts to see if they had one, they had 2 left for $30.00 each. I got greedy and bought both. I'm doing the happy dance. Hope anyone else that's looking finds a good deal. Cindys thanks for the heads up on Kmarts.

clc404

WOW! That's an awesome deal, and I dont blame you, I would have bought them both as well.

Hello everyone,

Just wondering anyone that has one of these if you place on heat resistant pad when melting wax? I thought about making a big trivot out of ceramic tiles. Worried about the heat from these damaging the surface of the table I will be using. I know these babies can get really hot. A lot hotter than the presto pot. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

clc404

I've had occasion to feel around under my Surf & Turk unit, and I don't believe it gets hot enough to damage a table surface. I spilled some wax which sloshed under the fryer, and couldn't reach under far enough to wipe it all. After the session I checked, and it wasn't melted, so the temp didn't reach 125 degrees. That should not be enough to damage a table top, but prolonged use might dry out a local spot enough to warp a wood table. If it's a good table, be safe & put something under it, even if it's only another piece of wood.

Fredron

You have the metal pot that has the heated wax and all that fits in an outer shell. Either black metal or chrome so the outside doesn't get hot. It's really nice cause they don't radiate heat like the presto pots. I have mine sitting on a tray but that's just to catch drips.

You have the metal pot that has the heated wax and all that fits in an outer shell. Either black metal or chrome so the outside doesn't get hot. It's really nice cause they don't radiate heat like the presto pots. I have mine sitting on a tray but that's just to catch drips.

I agree, I have the black on the outside kind and it's always cool to the touch. I have had mine on all day and just felt underneath it and it wasnt the least bit warm. And you're right, it doesnt make my whole kitchen heat up like my lil presto pot does when I used to overwork it.

• 2 weeks later...

I FOUND ONE, I FOUND ONE, I FOUND ONE!!!!! :yay:

lol - and I have gone through all the posts from the last several months, copy and pasting all the advice you all have!

Thanks!

(Cindys - I finally found one at Kmart in the sporting goods dept - marked $50, but at checkout rang up at $30. Thanks for helping me!)

I FOUND ONE, I FOUND ONE, I FOUND ONE!!!!! :yay:

lol - and I have gone through all the posts from the last several months, copy and pasting all the advice you all have!

Thanks!

(Cindys - I finally found one at Kmart in the sporting goods dept - marked $50, but at checkout rang up at $30. Thanks for helping me!)

OMG what a deal!!! Shoot if I could find one even at 50 I would be all over it, way to go!

If you can, check for yourself, don't just call. I had called and they told me they didn't have any. I happened to be in there for something else and thought I would double-check. Sure enough, on the top shelf, is the exact one I asked for.

Good Luck!!

:rolleyes2I don't use my spicket much but it works when I do. Also stopped by two of the KMarts tonight and one had 1 on clearence for $50. ..rang up at $30.:whoohoo:

The other had 5 on special for $70 with no clearence.:mad: So one more to go, just in case, need back up....:rolleyes2

Usually, when the spigot does not work, there is unmelted wax in there. I do not have that problem with my Surf & Turk model, but occasionally I get that with pillar wax in my Daizey deep fryer pot if I don't give it enough time to heat the spigot all the way through. I usually poke a small skewer through the opening with the valve open, while I hold the pour pot under the valve, and the melted wax slowly starts out, then as it does the rest of the wax melts, it flows freely. I have also used a heat gun to warm it up, which will also get it flowing.

Fredron