Which butter do you prefer in soaps?

Carriegsxr6

Which butter do you prefer in soap  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which butter do you prefer in soap

• Mango Butter
    • Shea Butter - unrefined
    • Cocoa Butter - deoderized

You are so right, Meredith. (spendy is a good thing... HA HA :grin2: )

Handcrafted soap is fabulous on the skin, and people that know the difference will pay more. It is just like baking a cake in my opinion. Exculsive, privately owned bakery versus chain store in quality. The "ingredients" so to speak add label appeal and perceived value, IMO.

I use OBN's Mango to soap. :yay:

I love this stuff, it soaps well and doesn't totally kill your lather.

Shea butter is okay, but there are so many grades, a lot of them substandard compared to Mango, for various reasons. It's all about preference and what your niche market is.

I might do another Mango co-op, I am dangerously low. :drool:

Once you use OBN's mango for your formulations, there is no substitute!

(seems a few are concerned about me editing my posts, do yourselves a favor and get a life)[/quote]

I don't seem to remember anyone here saying that, Why would you bring it up if not too only start trouble, Let's just stay on topic, it's not always about you, and maybe we know now who needs to get a life

Handcrafted soap is fabulous on the skin, and people that know the difference will pay more. It is just like baking a cake in my opinion. Exculsive, privately owned bakery versus chain store in quality. The "ingredients" so to speak add label appeal and perceived value, IMO.

Shea butter is okay, but there are so many grades, a lot of them substandard compared to Mango, for various reasons. It's all about preference and what your niche market is.

(seems a few are concerned about me editing my posts, do yourselves a favor and get a life)[/quote]

I don't seem to remember anyone here saying that, Why would you bring it up if not too only start trouble, Let's just stay on topic, it's not always about you, and maybe we know now who needs to get a life

UUUUUM what the heck is this about?

edit: because I can

PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE LITTLE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN! ROFL!!

I forgot to add...BC is the un-official topic guard here on CT. He's always tries his best to let us know when we're off topic!

BC - you seem to have started it (in this thread anyway), but as I tell my kids, I don't care who started it - just you ALL stop it NOW. Now everyone behave, this is a thread about butters in soap. You want to have a nasty fight go over to the correct forum for that sort of thing and start your own thread.

Mango butter in soap makes me itch. I voted for cocoa butter but I only buy undeodorized butters. I can really tell a cocoa butter bar. I don't really notice shea in soap so I save it for body apps.

That sucks that you can't use mango butter. It is a very nice butter. I like CB in soaps too. I like that they make a nice hard bar.

?? when you use the unrefined cocoa butter, does it overpower your f/o. I love the unrefined stuff but everything I make with it has that underlying "cocoa" smell.

i use regualr cocoa butter or deodorized...at only 1 oz. per pound in a batch, it doesn't interfere with the fo.

Can you tell me why it is that you prefer your mango from OBN for BB and CF's for soaping? I was lucky and got in on that fabulous mango butter in Mystical's coop (hope you got in that one too) and have used it in both my soap and BB. I love the stuff and Mystical can do another coop anytime soon. hint hint... Anyway, I have some mango now from CF that I haven't used yet.That is why I ask. :wink2:

Regarding the poll, I can't decide since I use them all in my different soap recipes.

I have confered with Deb, my fabulous assistant in butter packaging. :smiley2:

The Mango co-op is posted. LOL!!