Do your RRD'S Mushroom Quite a bit?

I think the HTP's curl to much. Have you all had a problem with them, or is it just me...I am looking more for a wick that burns straight. That is why I like the RRD's and Cotton core (from peaks.) So far I have tried the LX, CD, Hemp, Performa, HTP, RRD, Cotton Core, hmmmm I am sure there are more but am not thinking of any... Geez the darn wicks hehehhe. I am using the Ez Soy.

This is a quote from Peak's web site:

RRD wicks are recommended for viscous waxes such as palm, soy and veggie waxes as well as single pour waxes. Use for pillars or containers.

• A unique round cotton braided wick that gives a slight curl when burning.

• Exhibits self-trimming burn characteristics.

Wow, Yes I guess you are right.. I have been working with many different wicks and just can't find the perfect wick. I do like the RRD and Cotton core (from Peaks) I would rather put up with the shrooms than the curling. It's one or the other. Glad to know I am not the only one:grin2:

I was using RRD's for my pillars and decided to try premier because they were burning off to one side to much. I had to many blow outs because of it. When I use them in containers they reallly mushroom, so I gave up on them.

I have used every wick myself and found that the CD's don't mushroom or burn off to one side at all. The premiers have very little problems but they just don't throw off as well and their are over 30 different sizes to choose from. But I would still consider them for pillars or CB's.

Willow...since you're familiar with the Peaks cotton wicks and RRD's could you tell me which size cotton would be equal to a RRD 40? That's the size I use the most so buying their sample pack seems like a waste of money for me.

TIA...Arlene

Willow...since you're familiar with the Peaks cotton wicks and RRD's could you tell me which size cotton would be equal to a RRD 40? That's the size I use the most so buying their sample pack seems like a waste of money for me.

TIA...Arlene

Arlene,

I am very new to this so I would not want to mislead you in any way. Call Peaks -- they are awesome there and they will for sure help you. They sell both wicks so they can give you wonderful advise. Thanks and sorry not to much help