Business Name

oxalienxo

I kinda like it and "get" it ('wicked' meaning 'awesome), but I'm young. I'd imagine quite a few people over 30 (maybe even younger) wouldn't immediately remember 80s/90s youth slang and might be put off by it.

Of course, you could be in that age category and still like it, but I think you have to get out of yourself and think how most people might perceive it. Would their interested be piqued enough to go to your site/store or would Totally Wicked sound so bad they wouldn't even continue to read your print ad/etc?

All of this is really dependent on what kinds of things you're selling and what your target market it, but still good things to think about. :)

I kinda like it and "get" it ('wicked' meaning 'awesome), but I'm young. I'd imagine quite a few people over 30 (maybe even younger) wouldn't immediately remember 80s/90s youth slang and might be put off by it.

Of course, you could be in that age category and still like it, but I think you have to get out of yourself and think how most people might perceive it. Would their interested be piqued enough to go to your site/store or would Totally Wicked sound so bad they wouldn't even continue to read your print ad/etc?

All of this is really dependent on what kinds of things you're selling and what your target market it, but still good things to think about. :)

I want to add that "wicked" is a regional slang also. I'm in Texas and in my 30's and only know it because my good friend from New England says it.

Are you all saying "wicked" or wick ed" with two sylables.

I think that's the idea here -- it can be either/or! I'm 43 in Tx & remember saying 'wick-ed' quite a bit, but then I had a total Valley Girl thang going fer-shur in the 80's! LOL I think most people would see it to read wicked (like a candle wick) & miss the double entendre. If it rocks your boat & the name is available, go for it.

Susan.