Help with HP LaserJet 2600N & Glossy Labels

BLSoaps

We just bought an HP LaserJet 2600N, and are having some issues with it. We bought White Weatherproof Labels and Clear Glossy Labels to do our various product labels. But the printing on these labels keeps coming out slightly blurry looking. It prints on regular paper just fine, absolutely crisp and clear, but not the labels. Since waterproof labels was the entire reason we upgraded to a Laser, we NEED to get this to work how it's supposed to.

If anyone has any suggestions on clearing up this matter (seriously, no pun was intended there!), I'd greatly appreciate it. Otherwise, we'll take it back before our two week return policy is up. I'm not spending over $400 on this printer if I'm not 110% satisfied with the results I'm getting.

Thanks!

Howdy, Just got myself one of them just recently.

and I am starting my own printing business along with other things I do. LOL

Anyhow, after my million one questions at Office Max...lol

They told me that when doing labels, different kinds, you need to change the paper type in properties so that they don't smear, or look blurry or what not.

So if you're doing glossy, you need to change it I believe to photo sheet, there's button up there on top where you push the Check button middle one

scroll with arrow to find paper type and choose what one you want to use.

I hope that helps a little. :)

It's what I was told, Haven't gotten that far yet. But I did play around a bit and did see it there.

Dani

These are laser labels, bought from onlinelabels.com. So I know it's not the labels. We have tried it on the labels setting, and the glossy setting, but not the photo setting. I just feel like I'm wasting a lot of labels (and those labels aren't cheap!) trying to get it to work...

Gonna go try the photo setting.... BRB....

Still a no go with the photo setting. Grrrrr.... They have transparency setting. Think that might help at all? I'm going through WAAAAY too many "test" labels.

Sounds like you may have a faulty printer.

It really shouldn't be like that to you.

Try calibrating your printer on reg. paper

here's a tip. before printing on labels...print on reg paper

then take that paper and the label sheet and line it up then hold it up to the light and if they all line up then it's good to go. So you're not wasting labels. I know they're spendy.

HTH

Dani

Sounds like you may have a faulty printer. Try calibrating your printer on reg. paper

here's a tip. before printing on labels...print on reg paper

then take that paper and the label sheet and line it up then hold it up to the light and if they all line up then it's good to go. So you're not wasting labels. I know they're spendy.

Dani

It's not a matter of lining up labels. I'm printing on full sheet labels. I figured I'd make sure I was happy with my printer before ordering a whole slew of laser labels in all different sizes. So that's a fun project I'll get to enjoy down the road.

Right now, my labels are printing slightly blurry. It almost looks like a slight ink bleed. Like when you print on a low grade paper and the ink bleeds into the paper around it. And it's only on my label papers.

From OnlineLabels.com I have the full sheet Crystal Clear Laser Labels (OL175CL) and full sheet White Polyester Laser Label (white waterproof) (OL175LP)

With both label types, it's printing just a little blurry. I've printed on normal and draft settings, and both look exactly the same. I've set it on regular, labels, glossy and photo settings, again, all with exactly the same results. When I print on regular printer paper, it's absolutely crisp and clear. It's gorgeous. So it's only when I print on label sheets. I'm going to be contacting onlinelabels and see if they have any suggestions. And DH is going to call HP support again tonight (called them yesterday about toner specks).

I have 11 days to fix this, or I'm taking it back (return policy of two weeks). I got the laser printer so I could have waterproof labels for my products. But blurry labels look even worse. :mad:

I hope that HP helpline will help you, maybe it's the ink or toner

or the printer just not doing it right, so possibly it's a faulty one.

Mine's not even 2 weeks old and I love it!!

only issue I had with it is, the funny printing noises they said it's normal.

then when the labels comes out, it's rather hot/warm after printing.

must mean HOT OFF THE PRESS LOL

anyways, hope everything works out for you. I think this HP2600 is the best laser printer out there for the money.

Dani

I use the waterproof labels also, ordered from same place. I print with an Epson Stylus color 860 - it is old but prints great, and my labels come out very clean and crisp looking. I really like the inkjet printers better that the lases and I always get Epson when I do replace printers. hth

edited to say I don't have to change any kind of paper settings or anything.

i have this printer and had the same problem with the crystal clear labels from onlinelables. to resolve your issue with the clear, you will need to print it as transparency and feed the label from the outside. DO NOT put the labels in the tray, the heat will cause the diffuser to not seal properly if it goes in the tray.

it is a heating issue

Rochelle (KaressKrafter), thank you SOOO much for calling me last night with that tip about feeding through the port (what is that thing actually called?) and not the tray. Since DH had taken the computer hostage last night (his own personal computer arrives next week :highfive: [no more sharing!]), I didn't have a chance to test it till this morning. My labels are crystal clear!

BTW, Rochelle, you had asked me previously about making body butters. I've had several of my customers come back and say they're using the condensed base as is when they get it, and using it as a body butter. They're emulsified, not the typical blend of butters, but I believe that the emulsified is what you were looking for. Consistency wise, at room temp, it's spoon scoopable, and after you scoop it out, the "hole" keeps its shape. For example, I scooped some of my Decadently Rich Body Cream out of my storage bucket (I make my preformulated up ahead of time) to put it in the packaging jars. A few days later, and I still can see some of the scoop marks. Most have settled back into the mixture, but the surface definitely isn't smooth. So it's very thick, very rich, and very moisturizing for dry skin. It might work very well for what you're looking for.

You mentioned heat being an issue for summer shows. It would start to liquify the solution, but once it cools again, the consistency would be the same. That's the main advantage of having an emulsified body butter (think very very very thick cream) over the standard body butter (just a mix of soft and hard oils). The consistency is very steady, tolerant to both heat and cold.

As a huge thank you for helping me finally solve the printer issue, let me send you a sample of one of our bases, see if it might work for what you're looking for.

Rochelle (KaressKrafter), thank you SOOO much for calling me last night with that tip about feeding through the port (what is that thing actually called?) and not the tray. Since DH had taken the computer hostage last night (his own personal computer arrives next week :highfive: [no more sharing!]), I didn't have a chance to test it till this morning. My labels are crystal clear!

BTW, Rochelle, you had asked me previously about making body butters. I've had several of my customers come back and say they're using the condensed base as is when they get it, and using it as a body butter. They're emulsified, not the typical blend of butters, but I believe that the emulsified is what you were looking for. Consistency wise, at room temp, it's spoon scoopable, and after you scoop it out, the "hole" keeps its shape. For example, I scooped some of my Decadently Rich Body Cream out of my storage bucket (I make my preformulated up ahead of time) to put it in the packaging jars. A few days later, and I still can see some of the scoop marks. Most have settled back into the mixture, but the surface definitely isn't smooth. So it's very thick, very rich, and very moisturizing for dry skin. It might work very well for what you're looking for.

You mentioned heat being an issue for summer shows. It would start to liquify the solution, but once it cools again, the consistency would be the same. That's the main advantage of having an emulsified body butter (think very very very thick cream) over the standard body butter (just a mix of soft and hard oils). The consistency is very steady, tolerant to both heat and cold.

As a huge thank you for helping me finally solve the printer issue, let me send you a sample of one of our bases, see if it might work for what you're looking for.

Great Lindsay. I am glad the printer issue is resolved.

Send me a sample of the base. Chat with you soon