wick up, wick down?

Hey everyone! Wondering, if I'm not getting a good hot throw, does that mean I should wick up or down. I've read some about the wicks getting clogged, I'm a newbe so I sont get what I'm suppose to do. Also, I hve been using 6% fo with ok cold throw, but little hot throw. I am using ecosoya pure and cb. It isn't just one scent I'm having issues with. I"ve read alot of people use 8 or 9% fo. Thinking of going that route. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Melanie:confused:

Hi. What size jar and what wick have you been using? Are you getting a full melt pool with the wick you are using? If not, you probably do need to wick up. Also check the sticky note about FO that throw in soy. All of them do not do so. Maybe try a different type of wick. Sometimes that will do it. Add a bit more info and you will probably get more detailed help. hth. Beth

I am not sure that the wick size has as much to do with the hot throw as does the wax itself and the FOs used. My suggestion would be to try some scents from another supplier. Others here who use the same wax that you use can let you know whose scents work best for their wax.:grin2:

We have found that after curing for 48 hours, if we are not getting much hot throw, it isn't gonna throw significantly better with another week or two of curing... We will go as high as 1.5 oz. per pound, then if we don't get the hot throw we want, we X that FO off our list.

What wax are you using?