New HAPPI Article - Fragrance Trends

RobinInOR

Thanks for sharing that Robin, it really is "enlightening". ;)

What has me really curious is this:

Some candles are so good you can eat them-really. Er'go candles are made with 100% natural, all vegetable soy wax. But while they are edible, Er'go suggests consumers burn them.

What kind of fragrance are they using that would be edible????? :confused:

Thanks for sharing that Robin, it really is "enlightening". ;)

What has me really curious is this:

What kind of fragrance are they using that would be edible????? :confused:

I thought about this too. Soy candle ingredients are edible BEFORE they become candles. Not that anyone would pop open a can of Crisco and dig in but there is no way that any of the fragrances are edible. It sounds to me like a lawsuit waiting to happen.

This is taken from the ergo site [We choose to use a 100% natural, all vegetable SOY wax, made from soybeans farmed in the USA. er'goSOY wax is so pure that it could be eaten and we have, without fragrance of course! Basically, it is a solid form of soybean oil made without any petroleum by-products or color dyes. What this means to you is a CLEAN BURNING candle with very little soot! ]http://www.ergocandle.com/aboutus.html

I find it interesting that others selling their line do not include the Fragrance part of the statement???

I remember wax lips from when I was a kid. They tasted like peppermint, and you could chew them, kind of like gum, until the flavor was gone (Maybe they still have them, but I haven't checked the candy aisle lately). I don't think you were supposed to eat them, but I'm sure I probably did. I think they were paraffin wax with peppermint extract. Would food extracts, like peppermint, almond or lemon extract, be burnable?