Meatballer or Mold...

Rob

Which do you folks use for your bath bombs? Which works best? I've been using molds, (the plastic xmas ornaments that are split in half) and they work pretty well. Was just wondering if the meatballer packed them tighter. :grin2:

I have both the meat baller (2 sizes) and the plastic ornaments (2 sizes). I hate the meat baller and find the ornaments so much easier and faster to use (i.e, easier to get out the mold resulting in fewer falling apart). I also like the size of my bath bombs better with the ornaments.

That's pretty much it Scented. I found with the meat ballers, that my balls fell apart more and it was hard to get them packed as tight. But with the ornaments, I just pack both sides while pushing them together and the two sides separate pretty easy leaving a very nice, solid, in tact ball - unless my mixture is drying out & needing a little spritz of witch hazel. Give them a try. Bath bombs are fun and easy to make. And if you can, join a swap - when I first started them, I joined a swap for practice and feedback. My bombs weren't that good but I learned from it and appreciated the feedback. I fudged up my coloring but its all good now thanks to some tips from Grumpy.

Dang! I posted this in the swap section... momma needs some coffee. LOL!

I can't find it, Scented- but I do have a link for you for molds.

These are not the super cheap flimsy ones, they will last longer than those Michaels wannabee molds... LOL!!

She sells on eBay too- and ships USPS.

http://www.coastalscents.com/cfwebst...TOKEN=16679822

I bought my plastic balls off of ebay and got a killer deal for dozen of each size. I've had them about a year and not had one crack or any problems with them. I've more than got my money's worth and I've only opened and used a couple.

I agree MA - meatballer = PITA.

Scented - I'll swap balls with you anytime. I'd love to see, feel, smell and bathe with your balls. :laugh2:

Dang! I posted this in the swap section... momma needs some coffee. LOL!

I can't find it, Scented- but I do have a link for you for molds.

These are not the super cheap flimsy ones, they will last longer than those Michaels wannabee molds... LOL!!

She sells on eBay too- and ships USPS.

http://www.coastalscents.com/cfwebst...TOKEN=16679822

These molds are good.

I have some of those cheapies and these are much, much better. I would not buy molds from anywhere else.

I'm in the minority here lol

I use meatballers and hate the ornament thingies. They hurt my hands and surprisingly I can make BB's faster using the meatballer than what I can with the ornaments. I can never get them packed tight enough and they crack on me as opposed to the meatballer - they stay together perfectly.

• 2 weeks later...
All this talk about the molds made me spend $$$. I just ordered the costalscents ones to try them. I have tried to make them and they fall apart so I guess I will try these. Maybe now I will get some good balls!

Try the ones from Kristines Shower! You will never bother to make your own ever again - they are FABULOUS.