B&B bottle labeling

dpowell

I am stuck trying to decide between using clear inkjet labels or inkjet rub-on decal paper (which leaves the printing on the bottle without a label - available here http://www.papilio.com/inkjet_rub_on.htm).

Has anyone used the inkjet rub-on decals or any rub-on stickers for labeling on plastic bottles before that may have some input on them? I was thinking that they would look nice but I'm having a hard time picking which way to go.

Thanks in advance.

I have to admit, I love this idea also. I'd much rather have something that doesn't look like a normal label. I'd only be worried about the water-resistance of the ink and the hardiness of the adhesive. I may have to try it out of sheer curiosity, so thanks for posting this! :smiley2:

• 1 month later...
I am stuck trying to decide between using clear inkjet labels or inkjet rub-on decal paper (which leaves the printing on the bottle without a label - available here http://www.papilio.com/inkjet_rub_on.htm).

Has anyone used the inkjet rub-on decals or any rub-on stickers for labeling on plastic bottles before that may have some input on them? I was thinking that they would look nice but I'm having a hard time picking which way to go.

Thanks in advance.

i know this is an old thread but i was just wondering what choice you made on this.

I have never heard of the rub on decals, but I've played with other forms of rub-on decals for other mediums, and they always took forever, and if you didn't get it fully rubbed on right, it didn't stick well. I can't image the labor time this would involve.

It's ok. solved the problem and got a color laser printer. Clear waterproof labels work just great for me.

I'm sure the rub on paper would look great - similar to many retail bottles. It's just more trouble than I'd like to go through.

Yea it sounded like alot of work to me but I was curious because it sounded so professional and no worry of labels coming off.

I wish I had gotten a laser printer instead of my inkjet all in one

Glad you like your new printer. thanks for lettin us know