Ecosya users

Have any of you switched from Ecosoya 135 to Ecosoya Advanced and then back to Ecosoya 135? If so, why?

I have been testing EL Millenium Blend and Ecosoya 135 this week. I can get a nice candle with both, with a LOT of babysitting. (I know everyone says to embrace the wetspots...but I can't, LOL ) Both throw good. I think I like the Ecosoya better.

Should I test the Ecosoya Advanced? I have read some opinions that the hot throw is not as good as the 135. If the hot throw is not as strong...I will just do the babysitting routine.

TIA!

I use the container blend and like both the hot and cold throw. Haven't tried the advanced yet and read somewhere that it was formulated to adhere to the jar and reduce frosting better-- but does not throw as well as the cb 135. So I am curious too if that is true.

Yes it's true... the cba takes forever to cure & then the throw doesn't seem to be as good as the cb135.

I don't usually dye my soy so frosting isn't really an issue for me but I still had some wet spots with cba.

I'm sticking with cb135 now, which is fine for me as we don't have so many suppliers to choose from over here.

Sally.

By babysitting I mean repeated zapping of the heat gun on those pesky wet spots, then wrapping the candle. Each time there are fewer wet spots. Some have taken 4 zap and wrap sessions over a 3 day period. But it's kinda labor intensive. I have played with pour temps, 150, 140, 130 120 and 110. Maybe I just haven't found the "sweet spot" yet. Plus I have this programmable thermostat that automatically drops to 62 degress in the middle of the night, and I can't figure out how to get it to stay above 70, LOL.

I use CB 135 and I find that the cooler you can pour the better for smooth tops and wet spots.

I hated wet spots, still do but I don't fret over them any more. Take a look at any of the big commercial candle brands out there and they too have wet spots in their containers.

We can be our worst critics at times. If the customer is happy and contented with it then they will always re order again. Remember they buy for the scent. As long as they get the smell and the ambience they are looking to create what's a few wet spots between friends:grin2:

Ruby

I have used CB-Adv exclusively for my 5oz and 10oz apothecary jars. I just started using CB 135 for my tealights. I guess the main reason I shied away from the CB135 for jars is that I was told it frosts quite a bit...I don't have a huge frosting issue with the Advanced.....but may give it a try to see about improved scent throw!?