Another water & wax question

I just got my first 50 lb. box of slabs. I am used to granular form! Lucky for me it's smashed to a million pieces! BUT the bottom of the box is soaked on one side I assume from the snow, etc. seems like it started from the outside. I checked the other posts for water in wax and looked in the couple pieces in the idented side, I don't see any water or anything on the wax, but 98% of the pieces are about fist size. I took it all out of the box and put in a tote, are there any further precautions I should be taking??? Thanks!!

If you here the wax crackle, when you melt it, then the wax does have water in it.

The best way to get rid of the water is melt the wax in a pouring pot then pour from that pot to another pouring pot all but just a little of the wax. Most if not all of the water will be in the bottom of the pot you just melted. Now clean out that pot that has just a little bit of wax in it and the water. If you don't hear any poping or crackling in the pot you poured in then there is no more water in that wax.

Good Luck