Natures Garden Reviews

firegirl

Okay.. I just got Orchid Rain, Spiced Cranberry, and Lemon.. OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Orchid Rain is incredible in candles and B&B!!!!! I had purchased a sample of this from Majestic Mountain Sage, but I did not want to pay almost $24/pound... I decided to give it up.. I read on here that NG had it and I bought it without buying a sample first.. You will love it.. very strong and such a beautiful fragrance.. you soapers will love it.. The spiced cranberry smells even better than BCN!! The Lemon smells like fresh lemon rind.. just thought I would pass it on..

I haven't tried the straight lemon... I have used their Lemon Meringue Pie, however.. that's fantastic. Fresh, bright lemon scent in the cold smell... no Pledge or fuel smell to it at all... hot throw brings out just a hint of pie crust and vanilla meringue... it's terrific in soy.

i agree that i haven't found one from NG that doesn't smell exactly how it should. that being said, i got a few florals that i don't personally like because i'm not a floral "lover". I do love the Kama Sutra Passionate Kisses. That one is "to die for"... it is a mix of berries, rose and something else.. would have to look at site for total description. but i just absolutely love it!!!

also, Lime margarita is wonderful!!! it is very strong and really scents up a room when using it as a tart.

strawberry preserves is very strong. i purchased a cheesecake from Milcreek and mix the two... boy oh boy could i eat that!!! it smells like the real thing. i will be trying NG's cheesecake next...

red hot cinnamon is delicious, but not burn your nose hair type-like the last red hot one i tried. this one smells more like the candy..

cinnamon sticks-same thing, not a burn your nose type one, like the last cinnamon stick fo i tried...

cherry was also very strong, on the sweet smelling side to me... wanted to drink the bottle....

fresh squeezed oranges... was not impressed when i first started melting tart, but then the scent "mellowed" and did smell like the name, however i would order something like fuzzy navel etc to incorporate another scent, or mix with something else you had already...

cafe carmel smells really good oob-but i have yet to get it in wax. around here the coffee scents really do seem like they sell better. that and spicy smells.

was not impressed with lick me all over, hand in hand-although would be a good wedding scent i suppose-just not a floral fan like i said, was not impressed with pink sugar either as it was not strong enough for me-i was trying to scent a bear and sometimes the "weaker" scents would be great as a candle or tart, or b & b, but don't work well in the bears.... the lighter scents just don't work well on dipped animals-imo anyways...

i have a whole list of other things i want to try. every time i visit the site it gets longer. i will definately be getting full bottles of cin sticks, red hot cinnamon, lime margarita, and the strawberry. I also want to try the cranberry spice mentioned above.

as far as i'm concerned, NG is going to be my "main" fo supplier. i will order a few other scents from places like daystar, Snowtop, etc. but their fragrance oils throw very well in the wax that i use.

btw, i use soy wax from Millcreek...

Heather

I am using a parasoy blend.. If you guys are looking for some more good ones from Ng.. you gotta try Palm Island.. it is insanely strong.. kind of like Satin Sheets.. VERY strong as well.. I am starting to find myself converting many of my fragrances to NG.. I noticed that Peak's prices have gone up.. NG gives you a discount if you buy mulitiple pounds.. I LOVE that

OH I agree with all the rave on NG.. It is now my main supplier too.. I LOVE EVERYTHING THERE>..

Passionate Kisses is a MUST

Ylang Ginger TO DIE FOR

Root Beer is FANTASTIC

Gods Love is a great baby shower alternative

I could go on but I wont...

Any Americans that would like to share an order with me let me know.. I am always looking at something from there, and I dont like having it shipped up to me straight from the supplier.

I bought Sexy as Sin and everyone LOVES it! I too love NG and want to order some more soon. So these reviews are great!

Generally, I LOVE Natures Garden. My fav is Lick Me All Over. Someone mentioned that it was floral but I smell mostly rasberry. (I'm a floral fan though) They sent me a free "sexy as sin" soap sample and I had to throw it in the back of my truck on my way home from my mailbox store b/c it was giving me a horrible headache. Funny how scents can be perceived so differently by different people. I liked their Margarita but it wasn't authentic; too limey. I used it to make Sangarita.

In all, I love NG. I just wish they were closer to me b/c it's just really expensive and slow to ship all the way cross country.

Interesting. I tested a number of their scents and rejected them because they wouldn't throw at all or threw very lightly in C-3 soy. The only one that I kept was they Bay Rum and the throw is not all that great even at 1.5oz per pound and curing for 5 days. It's too bad because they are an in state supplier but their scents never threw or if they did they were too light to even consider.

Fire

They do have some strong throwers. Bay Rum is not one of them though! Gardenia, Butter Brickle, Apple Cinnamon, Lovespell, Indian Summer, Bermuda Triangle, Ginger Bergamot, Blueberry Muffin, Sugar Cookie, Spiced Cranberry, and Black Cherry Bomb are a few of the strong ones. There are more, but that's off the top of my head. To me, YUZU wasn't strong enough on it's own. All their scents throw some, but these were much better than others.

-Kristi

I started with NG fragrances -- am now doing a combo of theirs and Peak's....

I agree, the Spiced Cranberry is absolutely awesome. The Sweet pea is almost headache inducing strong (at only 6% and that one was in C3), the Coconut Lime Verbena is super strong and the Country Apple is also awesome (can you tell is I was on a B&BW kick?? LOL!) my friend LOVED the Jack Frost as well.

I personally wasn't all that impressed with the Christmas Splendor or the Strawberry - although those who like their Strawberry to smell like kids' bubblegum / candy would like it. The Strawberry and Gourmet Dark Chocolate together was great, though (that's how I'm going to use up all the rest....)

I really, really didn't like their Pumpkin Spice, though. Didn't do a think for me. Will be trying a new supplied for that this year. I'll go back for the Orange Clove every fall, though.

Someone please do a CO-OP!!! :yay:

Hot orange danish, coconut cream pie, mango sage tea, apples & oak, blackberry sage, lotus blossom, christmas wassail, angel type, southern homes, ylang ginger, pumpkin crunch cake - this was very popular this Christmas, are just a few that come to mind. I have quite a few of theirs and have really been pleased with them, several new ones I haven't tested yet. Seems like most of my scents come from them, WSP, and Lonestar. I use paraffin wax.

NG is the company we're looking at right now for scents, as their shipping method is compatible with our location, unlike Peaks, who we were considering beforehand. Since we've moved to 100% soy-based candles for the time being (until we move into palm as well), I'm definately going to be interested in the scents that work best in soy. The "FO for Soy" thread will be very useful. :D