It's official....I'm addicted!

evesorto

I guess it all started back in November. I thought it would be nice to try and make a candle, seeing as I am such a big fan of some very exclusive candles (including votivo, jo malone, slatkin, etc). I did a search and setteled on IGI 4627 bec it appeared to be able to handle the largest % of fragrance at 10-12 %. I got wicks, jars and about 8 oils from WSP and I had a blast making the candles....I also gave some away as gifts for the holidays.

Well, now it's Feb and I've already made candles, tarts, lotions, roll on perfume oils and I am awaiting the Melt and Pour Soap...it should arrive any day now. I'm not doing it as a business; I am just obsessed.

I have placed the following orders. From Sweetcakes, I ordered the 16 oz.(I hope I love them)

Nectarine Honey Blossom

Red Currant.

From Fragrance Oil Heaven, I order 2 oz samplers of

Asian Spice

Bamboo Sugar Cane

Indoneisian Teak

Moonlight Path

Lemon Sugar

Red Currant and Thyme

Sensual Secrets

Yuzu

I thank you all for your imput...and now, I can say I empathize with all who are addicted!

Eve

Glad to know I am not alone Eve:smiley2:

I also started in November. I have made votives, jars, tealights, lip balm, aroma beads for sachets & ornies, linen spray, and have all the supplies necessary for cp soapmaking. Just need a good day to get started. I never dreamed all of this would be so addictive. I have made at least one batch of candles every day except Christmas!!

I love smelly stuff:drool: :drool: :drool:

Valerie

Here's my funny $345 Jo Malone Candle Story. First I said, well heck if Oprah can, than I can, too. So I ordered one Grapefruit one to be shipped. I was telling a friend at work that I took the plunge (almost $400 w/tax and ship). She said, oh I wish you would have told me, my daughter works at Neiman''s and gets 30% off. I said, well, I'm too lazy to return the candle, but for 30% off, no tax, no ship, I might as well order another and I did! I must say very expensive, but amazing candles and they lasted me way over a year...closer to two, always potent, always throwing.

Around Christmas, I finished the second one....guess what I did? I used the large glass container (as a double boiler) and made a 2.5 kg candle in it! Lime Basil Mandarin (with a shot of pepper oil). I put four wicks, just like the original. ...put 4 lb wax, 8 oz fragrance and for about $25 ...I made my own....it smells damn good, too.

I must admit, though, her grapefruit is different....I wish I could find a dup of it.

Ewww, I HATE peanuts. Stupid things stick to everything and blow everywhere. YUCK!!!

And HOLY CANOLLI BATMAN!!! I had no idea there were $345 candles out there!!! Goes with that old saying, if you have to ask, you probably can't afford it!

Nope, give me $50 a month to spend on FO (just for myself) and I'll be happy! :rolleyes2

guess what I did? I used the large glass container (as a double boiler) and made a 2.5 kg candle in it! Lime Basil Mandarin (with a shot of pepper oil). I put four wicks, just like the original. ...put 4 lb wax, 8 oz fragrance and for about $25 ...I made my own....it smells damn good, too.

I must admit, though, her grapefruit is different....I wish I could find a dup of it.

See...$25 bucks and your just as satisfied. I could use that $$ for more oils and wax. What's the grapefruit smell like? IYO, bottom notes, top notes...with all of our brains working together, we may be able to come up with a very close dupe or supplier. :)

I dont know how to explain the grapefruit. The Henri Bendel grapefruit from BBW is close but the Jo malone has something else...don't know what, though...maybe heroin and that's why it's so addictive? Just kidding. Maybe it's just that the throw of the Jo Malone that is better. I just can't put my finger on it.

From the JM site I copied the follwing:

Instantly awakening the senses, Grapefruit is a lively, uplifting citrus with a spicy heart. Grapefruit and tangerine are combined with vetiver and rosemary to create this outspoken citrus. The Grapefruit Home Candle infuses any room with evocative scent and lasts for hours. An everyday luxury, it brings warmth to any environment.

I would love to find a dup.

Eve

I hear ya on the peanuts, they a pain in the butt! I learned one lesson though. One morning late last spring I woke up and went into the kitchen and I looked out the window thinking wow it's really windy and.....snowing??? Yup I forgot I set a big(let me emphasize 'BIG') box of peanuts on the back steps and now they were blowing all over my back yard, my neighbour's yard and even made their way over to the front curb and onto the street. What a mess it was and such a flipping pain picking them up.

So I never leave them on the back steps anymore even just for a few hours because I WILL forget.:embarasse

shannon_purple_rose_fae_small.gif

Yea - the peanuts. In my town boxes go out with the garbage, so when I first moved here I didn't bother taking the peanuts out of the boxes and bagging them - I just left them in the boxes and put them out with the trash. But one windy morning... The WHOLE NEIGHBORHOOD looks like we got snow. I kept my head down whenever I was outside, praying no one would know where they all came from!