how long do soap scents last?

morningstar

I ve always thought that was weird. How a FO in a candle gets stronger with time and FO in a soap gets weaker.. I guess its because of the property make up being different? Bummer though. I hate when pretty soap loses its smell:mad:

I ve always thought that was weird. How a FO in a candle gets stronger with time and FO in a soap gets weaker..
The scent in the soap may weaken but when you shower with it, it should come back, sort of like a candle. But with the initial weaker scent, it does not give a good impression to the user.

I've had some that last for 2+ years (OM Goddess comes to mind). Others I've had (and ditched) faded after only a few months, even when scenting at 1 oz. ppo. For me though, about a year is pretty much standard.

I agree.

Just the other day I was digging through some "bum" soaps that I just didn't have the heart to throw out (they just turned very very dark brown) and they are still kick ass strong-of course they are scented with pink sugar so that may be why. ;)

Most of my M&P soaps that have been hanging around are still going strong, but there's always certain ones that seem to fade out quickly-those scents don't get used again unfortunately.

I have never really had any soap scents fade. I have MP that are just as strong 2 years later. All were packaged. The only problem is that MP shrinks and the packaging needs to be redone. I still would never sell a soap that is THAT old. I would use it myself.