problem with ecosoy after pour

I have been using Ecosoy, and in some candles, i get a big hole around the wick. It doesnt happen with every candle i pour, but the ones it does do it in, the hole goes all the way to the bottom, but there is a film that covers it at the top. I am adding the same amount of fo in all candles, about 1 1/4 oz per pound of wax. Anyone have any suggestions that would help with this?

It should be ez soy, not ecosoy, sorry for any confusion

I have been using Ecosoy, and in some candles, i get a big hole around the wick. It doesnt happen with every candle i pour, but the ones it does do it in, the hole goes all the way to the bottom, but there is a film that covers it at the top. I am adding the same amount of fo in all candles, about 1 1/4 oz per pound of wax. Anyone have any suggestions that would help with this?

Is this CBA wax?

Ok, i must have still been half asleep or just brain dead when i posted this, but, i am using the EZ soy, dont know where i came up with the other wax, sorry for the confusion. I will change my other post with the right wax.

I have not used this wax but someone who does will pick up on this thread and help. Good luck!

I pour at about 100, the one i did yesterday that did it was in a pint mason jar, with a cd-18, with cucumber melon fo. I also did some at the same time that were cotton candy fo, in a little smaller mason jar, but they didnt do the tunneling that the other did.

some of my candle do the same thing. just two days ago i called one of my contacts who works with makers of soy wax for candles about this very problem. tunneling around the wick seems to happen if i pour the candle to cold or if it cools to fast. he said soy doesnt like cold for any reason and becomes more tempermental than a cranky bear.:waiting:consistant enviornment has been the key. if my candle room is cooler than normal or my jars are colder than normal or if i pour the wax too cool it clumps and creates tunnels. it sound crazy but if my jars are cold i use an electric roaster. i dont use it for cooking anymore and as i am heating my wax i will turn it on warm put the lid on it and let it sit for a few minutes min then turn it off and set my jars in it. by the time im ready to pour the jars have become just warm enough. its deep enough and big enough to hold 12 jars. ive wicked the jars before and after i warm them with no problems

I have also found that if I place a foam ice chest over my jars I don't get any more of the cracking around the wick, guess they were cooling just to fast. I tried a lot of other things first, cause I didn't want to have to worry about covering my jars, but this is what worked for me. Hope when summer is back that I won't have to go through that extra step, but for now, I'll keep covering them. HTH