Candles without dye

I don't dye my soy containers. That was just my personal preference on how I wanted the candles to look when I started. (more natural) Later I found out about frosting issues with dye and was very glad. :grin2: I will dye them if a customer makes a special request, though.

Thanks for the replies. I'm gonna show my ignorance here, what is the Spa line?

It's not ignorance, how will we know if we don't ask. :smiley2:

Usually a spa line will use aromatherapy FO's or EO's. I like Green Tea, Coconut or Cucumber, things like that.

I use dye in most of my candles, although for soy candles that don't need color to match the scent (such as peppermint, which was mad popular at Christmas this last year!), I skip the dye. Using dye in soy is always a challenge for me anyways.

On a side-note, I made some black soy candles for a former friend of mine for his birthday. They came out a dark purple rather than black. I've heard it said that in order to darken colors in soy, you use a bit of black dye. So, what do you use to darken black dye? :D

I dont use dye. My customers like the natural look of the candle and since i use them as a body oil dye would only defeat the purpose. i will dye them only if i have a request for them. i use a frosted jar so the candle is already dressed up. you would be surprised if you use a fantastic glass colour wont matter.

I used dye in my soy for years, because I thought that is what people wanted. I quit using it about a year ago, and got a real surprise when people began saying they liked them better without dye. I have never looked back, and now I never use dye. It also solved a lot of problems for me, such as burn issues caused by the dye, and of course frosting.

I only use dye for my votives... they look adorable in color but not for my container candles. In my opinion they are more "natural" that way. I would, however, like to experiment with some kitchen-type dyes... maybe cinnamon, coffee or oils I could obtain from other vegetables or fruits but that's in the future and I honestly don't know if it's even possible.