Need Advice on Jar Candles????

Today we found some great pumpkin jars and will be making candles, we have always used regular Paraffin wax for our votives and wanted to know when making jar candles with this wax , should we add any additives to it such as vybar or steric acid????? Please help,, we buy wax from a.c.moore...and never had a complaint about our votives or the throw of scent.. Marc

I don't think you want to use that wax for a container. What will happen is that it will pull away completely from the container. A softer container waxes is what you would want to use. You might want to try buying your wax from a reputable supplier online. You will save a whole lot of money because wax bought in craft stores are ridiculously over priced. I use J223 for my containers because it's got awesome hot and cold throw; however, there other container waxes that are very good as well. Do a little research for suppliers in your area and see for yourself. P.S. If you do buy a container wax, you don't need to add any additives as they are already in it.

I use a pre-blended votive wax for my container candles. I add FO & liquid dye at 190 and pour them at 165, this reduces shrinkage and you don't get the clanking around. I just recently switched due to the supplier not carrying my other wax anymore. After much testing and a lot of tears, this is what works the best for me. I wanted a pre-blended wax so that I didn't have to play with the additives and this wax was highly recommended for both votives and containers. Here is the link to the wax that I use, in case you get brave and want to venture out to a supplier...LOL!!!

http://shop.candlesandsupplies.com/candles/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=Candles&category%5Fname=Votive%2FTart+Waxes&product%5Fid=WAX%2DVB

If you decide to use this, I have tons of notes and specs for you on this wax.....just email me and I will help you out.

Hope that helps,

Denise

Hi,,I agree with the others about the J223, the only complaint I have is the fact it is so opague that you dont acheive a dark enough coloring. I use the IGI-4786 for my containers(with 4786 you do have to do a re-pour after it cools due to shrinkage) BUT, I have just recently been testing Peaks performance blend container wax and it is awesome!!!! I live in Illinois and peak is in Denver Colorado,,,shipping price is not bad. JMHO:rolleyes2